Sunday 11 January 2009

layers of layers

It has been that cold this week that I have taken to wearing layers! I even had to dig out my camisole tops (they are a bit like a vest) too, although because I bought them before the diet they are now too big for me ;o).

I tried looking in Marks & Spencers yesterday for some in my size but they didnt have many choices...

...Ill have to look in the Summer when their Winter collections are in. I understand the whole "get clothes in for the next season" thing...

...but why or why cant shops have a selection of clothes that you need right now, Im sorry but a tankini wont do...

...hmm thinking about it might make an alternative layer - although it would be thicker and quite unconfortable so maybe not!

On Thursday I went to Sainsbury's to get some milk, and they had a powercut just before I got to the till. I got to a till and could see from the till screens that they had to be restarted (they were running some sort of Windows program sorry James I dont know which one), the superviser then said to me (as if Im thick) that there has been a powercut and the tills are down.

There was a cashier by the till too and I thought she was about to open the till (by this time I had actually put my pint of milk and a packet of blueberries on the conveyor belt), then she just walked off with the lock still being on the coin tray cover. So I said to her quite loudly "thanks for telling me this till wasnt open". Then I walked over to the basket only till and waited in line of about 10 people then there was an anouncement over the tannoy that the tills wouldnt be up for five minutes. At which time I stormed out :o(

I ended up getting the milk from the little shop over the road.

Hee hee hee there were powercuts all morning just to serve them right for annoying me ;o)

On Saturday morning our Sky+ box had packed up saying that there wasnt any programmes in the planner. I knew this wasnt true so I tried putting a program in to record and it said that there was a problem and to call Sky. We tried Sky+ Planner rebuild in the secret menu but that didnt work then we did the full system reset and hey presto it works again.

Because of the lack of recorded programmes in the planner I had to find something to watch this morning while doing the excercise bike and ended up watching Dallas, and because it wasnt recorded I had to watch the adverts too.

The not so phantom custard tart napper was back yesterday he had not only bought all the packets of two tarts but all the four packs too. I got a packet of two cuppaccino cheesecake slices instead (and mighty yummy they are too). I managed to get some custard tarts today instead (it looks like you will have to buy them on Sunday now too ;o)).

I weighed myself this morning and have managed to lose another pound.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

(This may be a repeat, my browser crashed as I submitted the last one)

One of the best 'problems' to have: My clothes don't fit because they are too big because I've lost weight!!!!! I love that feeling, even though it is slightly annoying. It would be cool if clothes could adapt, like our skin.

Good for you, storming out like that! If they can't be nice then they don't need your money! I don't get why people are so rude...I was never rude when I worked in retail.

James (UK) said...

I'd have opened the milk and poured it all over the till, and then started crushing the blueberries on all the expensive clothes until they threw me out.

;-)

chocolat lover said...

Thanks Kelly, here in the UK Customer Service doesnt seem to be a priority...

...its like "theyre doing YOU a favour" :o(

Clotheswise I too enjoy the feeling when your clothes are now too big ;o)

I made sure I was buying new clothes for work as the old ones got too big but waited until I got down to the size I wanted to be before splashing out on stuff for the weekend.

James I did think about "protesting" but decided they werent worth the effort.

Al said...

This is going to end up costing me a lot of money I can tell. Custard tarts on two days a week and now all the cheesecake slices as well.

Pretty shoddy in Sainsbury's too, our tills can run for a short time on their own power before the back-up kicks in. That means that they shouldn't go down in a power cut but invariably some do. However, it's normally only one or two out of 37 so not too bad.

chocolat lover said...

*grins*

b-b-b-b-b-but you cant buy up all the cheesecake slices too ;o)

Sainsburys certainly excelled themselves - if they had a backup generator in the Romford store it probably would have got stolen!

Anonymous said...

re the milk. no powercut in tesco but during checkout process cashier put oats to one side and pressed a button (i thought to get a price code). just before asking for the cash she said the oats were subject to an emergency recall. great but why not say at the time. cue a run to the cereal section for an alternative brand. little things in life hey that are both comical and frustrating..

chocolat lover said...

It makes you wonder AN, if they had either just got the recall through and you picked up a bag before they cleared the shelf or they couldnt be bothered to clear their stocks.

Mind you if the cashier knew of the recall then it was more likely the latter...

Al said...

Not necessarily, sometimes the EPW (emergency product withdrawl) is not communicated to the individual stores and head office will just add the warning to the till system so that a prompt appears when that product is scanned. It's only when someone tries to buy the item in question sometimes that the store finds out. The cashier pressing the button was to alert a team leader to the fact so that they could get someone to remove the item from sale.

If the EPW has been communicated to the store then it could simply have been that nobody had picked up the message yet or they were still trying to arrange for it to be withdrawn. Shouldn't take too much arranging though so it was most likely the former.

chocolat lover said...

thanks Al, that makes a lot of sense...

James (UK) said...

Al, that's interesting... I would think something as important as a recall should be communicated ASAP to the branches! I'm really surprised it's not.

Does it sort of matter as to what the recall is for, so like, broken glass in baby food would be a "code red" alert, but increased flatulence from fermenting oats would just be an "add to till" warning?

Al said...

I can't honestly say, James. I would imagine that what you suggested is more or less correct, although all product recalls are added to the tills. This then makes sure any that have slipped through the net cannot be sold.

I suppose if it was definite known high risk issue then stores would be informed directly ASAP. However, despite the emergency part in the name most of these recalls turn out to be for very small things that most people might not notice. Some are even just suspected problems, in which case the stock will be held in the warehouse until it is either confirmed or otherwise.