Sunday 7 February 2010

biometric me

My passport (that I applied for last week) arrived on Friday, and its biometric.

I thought that they would require retina scans and fingerprints to put into the chip. But apparently it does contain facial recognition software (Im thinking it should recognise me as long as I look miserable ;o) or should I say :o( - actually Im not supposed to look miserable either - so to have a neutral expression it will be more like :o).

The days are getting longer as in the mornings and evenings its not so dark ;o).

Did I say before that I have ordered my Chocolate tasting club Easter egg from Hotel Chocolat - I ordered the mixed egg and its now sold out - Im so glad I ordered it when I did ;o) I had one last year and it was REALLY nice ;o)

6 comments:

Kelly said...

are you going to take a picture of your Easter egg? do i even need to ask? ;)

Al said...

Ah, your biometric passport. Now they can track you wherever you go. They are watching you. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

*Maniacal laughter followed by much coughing*

Good job you ordered your Easter egg when you did, at least you have something to look forward to come April (if it lasts that long!).

chocolat lover said...

Kelly, I certainly will...

...it will arrive in March and I will take photos before eating it on Easter Sunday.

Al I will hide it away so I dont eat it until Easter is here ;o)

Were constantly being tracked anyway...

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Wow, that's way cool about your passport. Here we have to wait months to get one and it's not nearly that cool. Yes, I would agree that they are watching us already as well.

I'm so happy that you were able to order your chocolate before it was sold out! That sounds so good. I can't wait to see pictures of it. :)

chocolat lover said...

Jessica, I was surprised it came through so quickly, its supposed to take anything from a few weeks onwards.

I guess applying in January is the way to go ;o)

Will upload pictures of the egg at Easter ;o)