Thursday 5 July 2012

cashing in

I was in Starbucks yesterday after going to the cinema (we saw Snow White & The Huntsman).

And I saw a sign up saying that on Saturday (as the olympic torch goes through Chelmsford) that our store will be open from 5.15am!  I didnt get a chance to take a photo as I was holding Evie (but it did make me smile that they are cashing in.

It seems that the torch is staying overnight in Chelmsford,  It wouldnt surprise me if it stays in The County Hotel or perhaps if they are strapped for cash then it will be more likely be at The Premier Inn


I doubt that we will see the torch as I think that the high street will be rammed with people and as Evie is now sitting up like a big girl I dont think that she will like all of the crowds!

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

You're going to have to be early birds to see it in Chelmsford :-)

Our "town" centre is a busy crossroads with traffic islands in the middle. So I was unsure which side of the road the torch would travel down. Of course I was on the wrong side of the road!! Everyone from our side of the road had to get on the traffic island so I didn't get the best photo.

I hope you can manage to see it. It would be an experience for Evie. Perhaps you could find a quieter part of the route. I wish I had done that!

Kelly said...

That is so neat that your town is now a part of Olympic history!

chocolat lover said...

we didnt see it in the end - and the high street was pretty busy by the sounds of things.

LOL some people were really dressed up - I did think about putting Evie in her going for gold babygrow but didnt in the end.