Sunday 26 October 2008

Chocolate goodness

In the last week I havent been too bad eating wise...
...well apart from meeting my friends for lunch in London.

We went to Pontis at Liverpool Street Station (as that is near to where my friends work and it is the station that my train comes in to).

Trying to be good after my holiday induced massive weight gain I had scrambled eggs on toast this is part of their all day breakfast range, it was really nice.

As I normally do when I go into London I got myself a Krispy Kreme donut - I went for the biscuit crunch donut (a ring donut smothered in chocolate and topped with biscuit crumbs) this forms part of their new carnival range. The donut was ok but not as nice as their New York Cheesecake donut - mind you I dont think anything will be as yummy as that ;o)).

Considering I had the scrambled eggs on toast and the donut I was well pleased when I weighed myself this morning and that I have lost one pound ;o).

My latest chocolate tasting box arrived this week...



...I get their basic classic collection every three months (you can choose how often you get your chocolates and when you want your next box to arrive).

So far I've had the Maple Manon which was really nice and you could really taste the maple in it. I've also had the Jelly and Ice Cream too that was ok but not as nice as the Maple one.

There are none in the latest box that I will get James to eat...

Sometimes there are ones in there like yukkie coconut ones that I dont like :o(

I have also pre-ordered my Christmas box too.


I havent bought anything different to do this week to eat as I am back to trying to be good...

4 comments:

James (UK) said...

It was interesting to see that Sainsbury's are selling their own version of "luxury" doughnuts now too, albeit they only had four varieties, as oppose to KK's... er... loads.

Anonymous said...

what a sheltered life i lead... i was not aware of chocolate clubs. very tempting.

Al said...

I like the way that James gets all the cast off chocolates :)

I wasn't aware of chocolate clubs either, but I'm not really one for chocolates like in a box of chocolates (I much prefer the slob approach of a bar of Dairy Milk).

Never had a Krispy Kreme doughnut either. They sell in a Tesco nearby and I was going to get one until I saw the price. No doughnut can possibly be worth that much!

chocolat lover said...

James, I may have to give the Sainsbury's lemon meringue donut some further investigation...

The chocolates certainly are nice AN, its always good to coincide your boxes to special occasions...

Al, James doesnt really like chocolates either, but will try the ones I dont like to just to keep me happy ;o)...

...at least it means I dont have to share my chocolates ;o), sometimes I too just want a 200gram bar of chocolate (and the old me would have eaten it in one go).

Sometimes the 15p jam donut is just what you want, and talking about them is now making me want one ;o), I too dont get why the Krispy Kreme donuts are so expensive.