Sunday 2 November 2008

Creme brulee madness

My eating had been pretty good last week...

...well apart from eating a naan bread with my dinner one night in the week.

Then yesterday happened and I had the urge to pig out and ended up eating a fifth of a 300 gram tub of rosemary & thyme infused nuts (a mixture of pecans, macadamias and cashews), they were really nice. I put them back in the kitchen to stop me finishing the lot (I probably would have too). And as if that wasnt bad enough I had five pieces of a toffee crunch chocolate orange that I have hidden away for such occassions.

Yes I'm a bit like a hamster having food hidden away, or should that be like a squirrel?

Walking past Starbucks on Friday night I saw on their advertising A board outside that their Christmas drinks come out on Wednesday (5th November). One of their new drinks is a dark cherry chocolate mocha, it sounds really nice and cant wait to try one. I think I will have to have a wander down there Wednesday morning ;o).

So I hear you ask yourself...

...so what did this do to your weight? Well, I put on two pounds. I'm not hopeful about being too good this week either as I am out on Friday night for my mates 39th birthday (that makes me feel really old having a mate whose nearly 40!).

I think I'll have to be in damage limitation mode this week ;o).

Blimey, I just rememebered I also had a quarter of a creme brulee bread & butter pudding last night, I could have finished that too... ;o), and I will be having another quarter of it tonight. I think I will let James have the rest of it to have with his cereal (see he doesnt just get the stuff I dont like ;o)).

Talking of James, hes been moaning about my lack of punctuation (yes I know there should be a comma here) I personally think its overrated and one day I will do a post with no punctuation in protest ;o).

I havent bought anything new to cook this week, but did get the juicer back out and did some grape, apple and plum juice.

Ive been trying to buy different types of potatoes each week to have with my dinner...

...yesterday I bought some Red Duke of York ones. In Sainsburys today I saw that they are doing Pink Fir Apple ones so I will have to try and remember to get them next week.

5 comments:

James (UK) said...

Lack of proper punctuation is the product of a person's preoccupied processes...

;-)

Al said...

Well it takes a while to get back into the swing of things after a holiday. That's the excuse I'd use anyway :)

Okay, so perhaps James doesn't just get the things you don't like, I'll concede that. Enjoy your bread and butter pudding James!

chocolat lover said...

James what was that sorry I just saw something shiny ;o)

Al thats the very excuse I'm sticking with

James (UK) said...

Exactly... just like I remember saying to you the other day when you came into the bathroom while I was in the shower;

"Look, it's mine, and I'll wash it as fast as I like!"

;-)

Al said...

Oh dear...