Sunday 12 July 2009

Go with the flow

The sign I mentioned in last weeks post has since been removed from the window! Quite spooky if you ask me (perhaps someone in Lush reads my blog ;o)).

Friday saw the final of Celebrity Masterchef I think the trophy would have been more in the spirit of the programme had it been edible. I was thinking something like a giant cookie (I could so eat one of those!) James was thinking more of a funnel cake.

If any of you have wondered what half a lamb sandwich looks like, here it is in all its glory ;o)


the flickr picture is here.

I went to the hairdressers yesterday to get my grey coloured in. I was asked the usual questions...

Do you want to go for the same colour? me: yes

Do you want to go for the same style? me: before I contemplated what I was going to say, I blurted out that I fancied going for something different! She then got really excited and handed me three hairstyle magazines.

I then looked through them while I was getting my hair coloured. Looking for styles that wouldnt take much maintenance so to speak. Remembering that my hair has a natural kink in it, I opted for a style that is flicky (as my hairdresser put it ;o)).

I had her in fits of laughter while recounting the story of the Holland & Barrett lady when I got my hair done last time. She then said is that what made you start blow drying your hair? I admitted it was ;o).

You will be pleased to know that the hair wasnt so radical that James didnt recognise me.

I was in Sainsburys this morning doing the big weekly shop, I was down the ready meal aisle, to look for my vegpot and shock horror the only one they had was Spicy Chermoula Tagine, I even made the shopworker who was down the aisle look to see if they "had anymore out back" which THEY DIDNT! What was I going to do? I was at a loss, so decided to look at the other vegetable things they have there and settled for a tub of Bombay Potato. I will let you know next week if this was an acceptable substitution ;o).

I weighed myself this morning and was well chuffed that I lost one pound. Hopefully I will lose a bit more next week as I will be walking home in the evenings as James' good deed has resulted in him having to work til 6pm for the foreseeable future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure they actually checked for you and didn't just go and stand out the back for a little while? Hopefully the Bombay potato will be a fine substitute!

Anonymous said...

*laughing at Al*

No pictures of the new hair-do?

chocolat lover said...

Al I would like to think she went out back...

...but you never know!

Kelly I'll have to see what I can do ;o)

James (UK) said...

I like the new look.