Sunday 16 November 2008

Plumtastic

When we do our food shop on Sunday, I always buy enough fruit to get me to the middle of the week. James will then buy me the additional fruit to get me to the end of the week...

...anyhow last week I only needed some fruit for Friday, and on the Thursday he got me some blueberries, and I had already bought some to have with my lunch that day. Generally I dont mind what fruit I have as long as its stuff I like and that I have my five portions.

Now back to what Im trying to say...

...James said to me "but you had blueberries today surely you wont want them tomorrow as well...

...I dont like to have the same thing day in day out, but of course that doesnt include takeaways especially Fish and chips, hey you should blog that" ;o).

We were getting some bits In M&S on Saturday and shock horror they didnt have any packs of two egg custard tarts, they had the packs of four but James really doesnt like them so I thought I would have a looksie at their other desserts...

...I found some Christmas crumbles (I mean anything with Christmas in the title has to be good) theyre "mulled fruits (plums, sour cherries and blackcurrants) infused with Merlot wine & ruby port topped with an all butter crumble" and the one I ate last night was blooming lovely ;o)

I weighed myself this morning and despite having an extra flatbread during the week I have managed to lose another pound.

5 comments:

James (UK) said...

You just can't beat a good bit of cod in crispy batter, and a mountain of chips.

In fact, sausage in batter, roe in batter... anything savoury in batter really, and deep-fried.

My only regret is they don't seem to do the mince and onion pies (all "bought in" "Pukka Pies" ones) in batter yet from our local chippy...

;-)

Al said...

Ah yes, cod and chips with lots of vinegar, lovely.

You shouldn't be eating Christmas food already should you? :)

chocolat lover said...

James I'm sure if you asked the goons in the chippy nice enough they would look blankly at you... ;o)

Al I think your right about not supposing to eat Christmas food yet, but its sooo nice ;o).

My favourite food in batter has to be sausage, especially toad in the hole. In fact Yorkshire Pudding is just as nice.

I also love eating them cold too, especially cold roast dinner (minus the veggies).

Note to self: make enough to yummy food eat cold on Boxing Day ;o).

Im getting all excited now... ;o)

James (UK) said...

How anyone can eat cold sausage rolls like you do is beyond me... or cold Yorkshire Pudding, for that matter.

Eating that sort of thing cold is nothing but meddling with elemental forces you simply don't understand!

;-)

Al said...

Cold sausage rolls are good, although the thought of cold Yorkshire pudding not so much.dine