Sunday 31 May 2009

Burger me...

After saying in last weeks post I really fancied a jam donut, I bought myself one yesterday and it was blooming gorgeous - and well worth 17p ;o)

James said the other day that if he could be any super hero he would like to be The Incredible Hulk I think I upset him when I said he was more Sulk than Hulk, it so made me laugh when he gave me the silent treatment for the rest of the evening ;o).

I was in Tescos again yesterday to see if they had anymore buy one get two free offers, and they didnt. I even had a look through the doors every morning to see if they had any displays to entice me in. The Jaffa Cakes were back on a respectable buy one get one free offer!

On Friday James had his interview by Tower Bridge (Im keeping everything crossed for you there ;o)), he then met me for lunch and we went to Corney & Barrow, being the fussy eater that I am I went for the Home made Organic Beef Burger with chunky chips asking for just a plain burger, but as usual the burger came with all the garbage (I hear from all the reality tv shows thats what they call the garnish), so poor James got the bits that I didnt like including half of my bun as it had butter on it. It was really nice and I would definitely get it again.

We even came into London together which made a nice change ;o) We even had a coffee together in Starbucks.

Yesterday I got my roots coloured in at the hairdressers (I would do it myself but I end up making far too much mess), so I was out yesterday afternoon with that Just out of the Salon look. My hair must normally look really naff because the lady from Holland & Barrett actually came upto me to say how nice my hair looked ;o) I think I am going to have to buy myself some straightening irons as this has shown me that I really should do something to make my hair look nicer - sorry James I may/will need your help with this ;o). Basically I have what I call witches hair (its frizzy and has a life of its own), when I was a kid my Mum would spend hours trying to make her hair straight, but I have never bothered myself!

I was umming and ahhing about whether to weigh myself this morning after the lunch I had on Friday, and decided its best to know what Im up against, and I was well surprised to see I have lost one pound. I was well chuffed ;o)

7 comments:

James (UK) said...

You never mentioned the shock I was in when the Starbucks card read "0.00" when I went to use it in that Hounsditch branch!

I'd really like to be like "Q", if I could.

Anonymous said...

See, the Canadian woman works! Unless of course it was nothing to do with her and I'm getting my posts mixed up.

Congratulations on losing the pound even with your lunch on Friday!

chocolat lover said...

James, I think we were both in shock when we thought we had lost that money!

Al I think it was 50% Canadian woman and 50% I would have fancied a jam donut anyway ;o)

thanks ;o)

Anonymous said...

Stop! Right there!

DO NOT BUY A STRAIGHTENER!

I have one that you can have that works miracles. I swear to you, it is the best! It is a Chi (you can google if you like) and it is ceramic.

The ceramic is porous, so the heat is held within and not like metal which will scorch your hair.

My hair took about 20 minutes to straighten (when it was long) so you would be able to do a very quick job, I am sure. And, if the humidity is not bad over there, it will most likely last until you wash it!

Oh, but, aren't your outlets different than ours? You will have to let me know....

But, back to my story, the first time I had my hair straightened, I felt like a beauty queen ;) No more frizz...I had what I believed to be 'pretty girl' hair.

Now, though, I have no use for it!

Let me know!

chocolat lover said...

Kelly, that is really kind of you, but yes we do have different outlets.

I think I will try blow drying my hair, and see if I get a better look that way.

Perhaps you could lend your straighteners to one of your Sisters - on condition that you get them back if you get fed up with the dreads.

Just had a quick look and they can be ordered here in the UK - so I'll see how I go ;o)

Anonymous said...

don't they make outlet converters? my sisters all have straighteners....

really, i don't need it and neither do they.

chocolat lover said...

Kelly, they do sell outlet converters here, but also our voltage is different too.

I think James said we would have to buy an inverter - plus the shipping costs for you would be pretty hefty too.

A very kind offer of yours, but I'll have to say no thanks.