Sunday 4 October 2009

testing my willpower

Yesterday James interview on the Money box program on Radio 4 was broadcast...
...I laughed my head off when he said "I'll have to scan that" ;o)

On Thursday my boss went for a breakfast meeting and it was devoid of breakfast (so essentially just an early morning meeting) he came back saying "all we were after was a bacon sandwich and we didnt even get that". He then said I (as in he) will buy as all a bacon sandwich to make up for it...

...I was thinking what a great idea this was (as I had been thinking about bacon sandwiches) and he turned to me and asked if I minded getting them, it got me out of the office for 10 minutes so didnt mind ;o)
here is the bacon sandwich in all its loveliness ;o)
On Friday I ended up doing one of those tasks where you really need something nice to nibble on to get you through, I would normally have gone for something like this, and to be honest I almost went out and got them. But I thought to myself NO NO NO! I was quite proud of my willpower.

We have been watching Britains Best Dish and all the nice food on there made James fancy a Fish Terrine so we were looking in Marks & Spencer at their fish range...

The first thing we looked at was a White Orkney crab layered "thing" that was £5.49 that was way too expensive, then we looked at a similar crab thing but made with the dark meat and that was still too expensive at £3.49, and I said in a huff just get the fish sticks as they were 86 pence as he'll never know the difference once hes cut them up into his rice ;o).

Whilst in Marks & Spencers yesterday I was looking at their desserts and came across this lovely looking one...

Ive had a quarter of it so far and it was blooming gorgeous...



I decided to weigh myself today, just to see how I was going, I was hoping for a slight loss but was half expecting to have put on some as I have tried to be relaxed about things now and was well chuffed that I had only put on 100 grammes ;o)

3 comments:

James (UK) said...

That bacon sandwich wrapper-thing is a good idea, but a shame, as it causes the bread to go soggy because it doesn't let out the steam, as confirmed by you.

A better idea would be to have small "pin-prick" holes all over it, to keep most of the heat in, but still letting the steam out.

Just my opinion, of course.

Oh, and I'll take profiteroles over any dessert...

;-)

Anonymous said...

I think from the other Flickr picture there was a small hole in the wrapper, James. Evidently it was not enough to prevent sogginess though.

Well done for maintaining the weight too, although you haven't lost anything you've barely put anything on either!

chocolat lover said...

thanks Al I was quite pleased too ;o)