Sunday 27 September 2009

I prefer my soup chunky

Last week was good as I was only in work for two days (Tuesday and Wednesday) as I was off sick on Monday and I had already booked Thursday and Friday off.

When I first tried New Covent Garden Food Company soups I thought they were chunky, then I tried the Main Course soups from Pret a Manger and I realised just how chunky chunky can be ;o).

Talking of chunky soups I tried another new one when I was off on Thursday Chorizo & Butterbean (chorizo, butterbean, onion, garlic, celery, tomato, organic vegetable bouillon, smoked Spanish paprika, cracked black pepper, thyme, rosemary & sage). It was really nice and filled a soup shaped hole in my tummy ;o).

I decided to make use of one of my days off by going to look at the Christmas shop at Harrods (yes Christmas starts in August for people like me ;o)). I love looking at their Christmas decorations and went for this handbag (or purse for those of you across the pond ;o)) one.


click on the photos for all sizes ;o)

They also had shoe ones too but Ive never really been into shoes, so didnt worry about those!

I then went around to Piccadilly to buy some posh biscuits these and these from Fortnum & Mason sorry James Im not sharing any of them ;o).

On my way to Fortnum & Mason I passed Minamoto Kitchoan (a Japanese cake shop) and got us some goodies (they all have red bean in them) from in there, we still havent tried them yet, Im sure they will be scrummy ;o)).

I came across a really cool art project in the courtyard of Burlington House its a structure of mirror balls, it wasnt sign posted or anything it was just through an archway off Piccadilly.


Also Chelmsford Farmers market wasnt on yesterday because of the damn Street Diversions, so I couldnt buy any fresh sausages, so I will be dipping into my "reserves" the problem is I havent marked up any of the bags in the freezer, so I will be enjoying or enduring a pot luck ;o).

5 comments:

James (UK) said...

I do like those silver balls, and your pictures of them. I also like that new B&W graphic at the top of the blog, although I'd probably change the whole theme to B&W then, to match.

chocolat lover said...

I'll have a think about changing the colour scheme, but I do tend to like pink, and think that the black & white picture adds to in as a nice contrast.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know soup had a shape...

I also like that artwork but I haven't been able to find anything online about it so I have no idea if it has a name or what it represents. Maybe someone with some search skillz (James?) could see if they can find something?

A lack of forward planning on your reserve sauasages! Still, the surprise will be interesting and you're not the only one!

While we're discussing the blog layout I might as well stick my opinion out there as well. Personally I would make the image smaller, as it's a little overpowering at the moment I think. That's a matter of personal preference on my part though so feel free to ignore it or make the image even bigger!

Kelly said...

I LOVE the new page set up. The black and white sets off the pink and vice versa. Did you take that picture?

I like the random art, too. I take it that it is not always there? That would be a neat one to get your reflection in....I will have to check your photostream and see if you've already done so.

chocolat lover said...

Yes Kelly its one of my pictures ;o)

I dont normally go to Piccadilly (where that art thing was), but I dont think it was or is a permanent structure.

It was out of the way and couldnt be seen from the street until you went through the archway into Burlington House, it was very surreal!