Thursday 10 March 2011

what if I end up with the almond one?

The other day I got e-mailed a voucher from Starbucks for a free petite if you buy a coffee based beverage valid for today...

So I walked into Starbucks clutching my voucher still contemplating which petite I should go for...

I was thinking do I go for a cake pop or a whoopie pie?

As it happened the bloke in front of me had a voucher too...

...then the strangest thing happened...

...he didnt get asked what petite he wanted he just got handed a brown paper bag - he looked in the bag and said thanks...

I was then thinking to myself "what if I get an almond one?" I hate almonds :o( although for some reason I love marzipan - go figure ;o).

Anyhow I order my drink hand over my voucher get given my brown paper bag - I joked with the barista that they are well organised by having the free petites ready bagged (whilst quietly seething that I wasnt able to chose which one I wanted)...



I peered in the bag and saw that I had a rocky road cake pop as luck would have that was the exact one I wanted ;o)

4 comments:

Al said...

They probably knew that there would be a lot of people using their voucher so having them bagged up and ready would speed the process up and ensure that they didn't end up with loads of less popular ones left over.

It would have been nice to have been able to pick your own but at least you ended up with the one you wanted. I wonder if they would have changed it for you if you had received the almond one? I suspect they would.

Lot-O-Choc said...

It seems luck was on your side!! Yayy!! Im the opposite as you though, i love almonds...hate marzipan!! How odd we are hehe!

Kelly said...

I'm glad you got what you wanted ;)

chocolat lover said...

Al - I think if I was working there then I would have had them ready bagged up too...

Natalie - that is strange

Kelly - me too ;o)