Monday 17 September 2012

see t'illuminations

As James is back at work now I can get back into a routine ;o)

So here goes about the holiday...

...after quizzing the other Mums and the Health Visitor about when it was best to do a long drive with a baby we set out at 9pm on the Sunday evening so that we would do most of the journey while Evie was asleep.

We hired a car because James Mum & Dad were come with us, James and his Dad sat in the front seats, me and Evie were in the middle and James Mum wedged in the back with the luggage (because of her bad legs she wouldnt get out at our toilet stops (she said that she was quite comfortable in the back anyway).

At 2.30 am we stopped at Charnock Richard and as we were only 40 minutes away from Blackpool we decided to stay at the Days Inn Hotel.

The next morning (after a much needed rest) I was about to wash Evies bottle and was going to use some of the shower gel out of the dispenser and nothing came out so I lifted up the covering and saw that the bottle was completely empty (good job I checked before actually having my shower) so I used the hand soap instead.

So I went down to reception to tell them that we needed some shower gel and the lady handed me a bottle to go into the dispenser, so we were sorted.

After having our breakfasts we set off for the last stretch to Blackpool.

We got into Blackpool just before lunchtime and James stayed in the car o have a rest while the rest of us went to a cafe so that I could feed Evie ;o)

By the time we were finished it was getting onto the time that we could check in.

We get to the hotel and check in (when I booked the hotel I asked for a cot in the room and was told that it would cost £7.50 per day, I declined their offer as we already have a travel cot and it cost less than it would be to hire one!), when we enter our room we saw a travel cot (allbeit broken and covered in duct tape) at the bottom of our bed (James thinks that it was an oversight on their part) if we had been charged for it then I would have refused to pay for it.


I ended up seeing the illuminations by tram and that was fun ;o)

I even got to try a barm cake (after hearing them being constantly being ordered in Roys Rolls) ;o)

3 comments:

Al said...

You haven't lived until you've had a proper barm cake!

chocolat lover said...

exactly ;o)

Eileen H said...

Being from Lancashire I love a proper barm cake :-)