Sunday 30 September 2012

the wrong wrong number

On Friday I went to get James prescription filled at the pharmacy in Boots.

I handed in the prescription and they went to check the stock and was told that they had 38 tablets (the prescription was for 56).

So I told them yes that was fine and they said that the prescription would be ready in 20 minutes.

So I went back after having a pumpkin spice latte (yes we finally have them here in the UK ;o)), and was given the prescription together with an IOU for 18 tablets.

There was a woman in the queue in front of me getting quite angry because the woman behind her  got served first.

I double checked the prescription as I had a funny feeling about it and saw that the box of tablets said that there were only 30 so we were 8 short!

So I marched back to Boots and the angry woman was back in the queue for handing in the prescriptions (there are two queues one for handing them in and one for collecting them) they had lost her prescription!

So I told them that I had been given the wrong number of tablets and that they should check it with the IOU against the prescription, they then went off and just gave me another IOU saying that they now owed me 26 tablets.

So I asked why they had told me that they had 38 tablets and she said that they had checked and there were only 30 in stock - so does this mean that the other eight are not accounted for?

Needless to say that have I not only complained to Boots but also to the GPhC as they cannot get away with doing this.

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

That is really bad. I don't blame you for complaining.
I used to work next door to Boots and they had a habit of giving IOUs which is really bad for a large Company, but not too bad for me as I was only next door. How can they lose a prescription...shocking!

We are now with Lloyds pharmacy who do repeat prescriptions. All I do is go to the chemist every four weeks and the prescriptions are there waiting for us, no problems whatsoever, it's great.
Perhaps that's something you could look into. Hope you get an apology!

chocolat lover said...

We did do the repeat prescriptions with Boots but they were always going wrong . So I suggested that I would pick up his prescriptions for him.

We dont have a Lloyds Pharmacy in Chelmsford so will use the little independent one over the road from the surgery in future.