Sunday 23 September 2012

race for life

Last Sunday me and my friends finally did our Race for Life after it got rained off in July.

Me & Evie went with James Mum & Dad (while James went and did the food shopping).

We arrived at Hylands Park as we wanted a drink before the start we found somewhere to sit down that happened to be under a gazebo, and that was where they had decided to stay for the entire time!

While we were drinking our tea I saw someone that I thought that I recognised and sure enough she had recognised me too - it was someone that I had worked with 23 years ago (that makes me feel so old) how funny it that ;o).

I did think about bringing the baby carrier so I could take Evie around the course with me but thought better of it ;o), and decided to leave her with the grandparents along with instructions of where her food was etc...

...I had my phone in my hand just in case I got a frantic phone call saying that Evie wouldnt stop crying, but no...

...when I got back I found Evie asleep in her Nannys arms where she clearly didnt miss me at all ;o)

It took us 1 hour and 2 minutes as we were doing a slow walk and as we chatted the whole way around it went really quickly ;o)




2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Well done on completing the course.
You don't notice the distance when you're busy talking. I bet Nanny was really happy to have a content Evie in her arms too :-)

chocolat lover said...

She definitely was ;o)