Friday 25 July 2014

back to back Peppa

Evies latest program of choice is Peppa Pig.

If I say to her what would you like to watch she says "Peppa Pig Mummy".

The programs are only 5 minutes long but James managed to find a "block" of them on Nick Jr 2 which means that I can get on with doing stuff while she is sitting there watching them ;o)

In the last few weeks we put Evies highchair in the garage, and she now sits on the sofa (and watches tv - I know that its a terrible habit) while she eats her breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Yesterday just before lunchtime I had put on Peppa Pig for Evie to watch and then the tv just froze, so I unplugged the Sky+ box and plugged it back in again, ad had to wait a couple of minuted for the box to reset itself.

I had put the tv onto Cbeebies while we waited for the recorded programs to reappear - after half an hour they still hadnt and it was getting close to Evies lunchtime and then I saw that Peppa was about to start so I switched the channel and the tv froze again!

So I had to unplug the sky+ box again and wait a couple of minutes with it off and kept my fingers crossed!

I was finally able to switch the box back on again and switched the tv to Peppa Pig and again the tv froze, Evie was getting very upset at this point and it was now her lunchtime.

So I unplugged the box again and went and did Evies lunch, switched the sky+ box back on, switched the tv back to Nick Jr (for Peppa Pig) and it had finished, the planner (with the recorded programs) on was back now so I found Peppa and started to play it and it froze again!

Evie as now refusing to eat her lunch and was really crying so I switched off the box again and this time put the tv onto Freeview (thus leaving the sky+ box for a while to reset itself properly) and found Cbeebies and Evie watched Balamory.

After Evie had finished her lunch and dessert I changed her nappy and put her down for her afternoon nap and the Sky+ box was good and ready to go ;o).

I hope this doesnt mean that our box is on its way out :o(

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ugh. Cable box problems are the worst. Myles loves Peppa Pig. Here they are on in 30 min. blocks. I haven't watched too closely, but i think it is made up of two 15 minute spots. Maybe you could get a dvd for emergencies?