Sunday 14 December 2014

sorry love, you might have a problem!

On Friday we finally were due to have our new oven fitted.

I got a text that morning saying that the delivery/installation would be between  1 pm and 4.59 pm which was handy as I tend to get home somewhere between 12.30 and 12.50 depending on how quickly I can get Evie out.

After getting Evie off to pre-school (with her first day of not crying ;o)) I got home and started clearing the worktops around where the new oven will be and gave them a good clean too.

After an hour I had finished cleaning the kitchen and sat down with a well earned cup of tea ;o)

At 11..25 (10 minutes before I was doe to leave to pick Evie up) I got a phone call saying that they were 5 minutes away from delivering/installing the oven!

So I told them that I was about to leave to pick my daughter up from pre-school and they would have to come back after 1 pm.

They said ok and when I looked out of the kitchen window I saw a massive lorry turning around and driving out of our road!

So I went to pick Evie up and she fell asleep on our way home.  So knowing that the oven would be delivered soonish I woke her up when we got home and gave Evie her lunch and ate mine at the same time (so I could do the washing up quicker).

At 2 pm I got another phone call saying that they would be here in 15 minutes so I quickly made sure that the kitchen wasnt too messy.

As Evie was still asleep I kept an eye on the time and opened the front door when I saw the lorry pull up so the doorbell wouldnt wake her up.

The bloke fitting the oven walked into the kitchen and said "thats an old oven" and I said that we have had it since we moved in in 1995!

He then removed the oven while the other bloke got the new oven off of the lorry.

After he removed the oven he went to the new oven and said to me "sorry love, you might have a problem" he said that I might not have the right electrics!

To be honest I never even realised that there were different types of electrics!

He got out the instruction manual and looked it it and said that it was ok *phew* it was hard enough getting an oven to fit our space as it was!

He then fitted the new oven and it is now working.

Things are either burned or very crispy at the moment where the oven is working so well ;o)

I have some chocolate chip cookie dough which I will make cookies with with Evie tomorrow probably ;o)

6 comments:

chamonix44 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chamonix44 said...

How nice to have a new oven just before Christmas and more than a week to get used to it before the big day! Or will you not be cooking Christmas Dinner at home this year?
How did your cookies turn out?

chocolat lover said...

Not sure what is happening Christmas dinner wise yet...

...Im going to do the cookies this afternoon with Evie ;o)

Eileen H said...

It finally arrived and yes, they do took some getting used to to.

chocolat lover said...

it is good having a new oven for sure ;o)

The Captain said...

How does an oven have the wrong electrics? I fitted my oven a few years ago and it's practically the same as wiring a plug. I suppose in an age of 'fitted plugs' it's becoming a list skill.