Tuesday 25 January 2011

I have a horrible accent

Ok I can hear my Mum saying "how come the sudden realisation, I have been telling you this for years..." ;o)

We have a broker in our office yesterday today and tomorrow (she is from Brazil) and is in London for a month learning how the London market works - why they have to send her here in January when its cold I dont know!

I was chatting to her yesterday and she mentioned that she department she works in covers fine arts - so I asked if she had been to any art galleries (on a fact finding mission type thing), she said no she hadnt yet...

...so I said that she should go to the Tate to which she said (mimicking the way I pronounced it really well) where is the T-a-a-a-a-yyyyyyyyt I shuddered a little inside as to just how horrible I sound ;o).

LOL I now have a complex about the way that I am speaking ;o)

6 comments:

Eileen H said...

Yes it's strange how we sound to other folks.

I am from Manchester, but have lived in Wales since being seven years old and haven't quite shed my accent. Sometimes I get asked if I'm from Liverpool and I think what the...:)

Al said...

Originally being from Scotland I can sort of sympathise although I have long since lost that Border accent.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it, it's not like you can change it, is it?

Kelly said...

I love your accent!

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - the Essex accent does get confused with Australian - LOL I was once asked if I was an andopeaon cousin? ;o)

Al - Im not too worried - my accent (like it or not) is what makes me me ;o)

thanks Kelly ;o)

The Captain said...

I of course have 'Gods own' accent, a Yorkshire accent. There's nowt finer.

chocolat lover said...

Captain - Eeeeeoooop me duck ;o)