Monday 8 December 2008

Deliveries of the Present kind

Last week I had Monday and Tuesday off using up more of this years holiday.

I didnt get upto anything just walked into town on the Monday and got my train tickets to extend my monthly ticket to Liverpool Street for Wednesday & Thursday. And on the Thursday I walked to Asda for a look around...

The remainder of this week (yes I had to go to London on the Friday too ;o)), was spent wrapping, delivering and sending presents to our brokers.

Wednesday and Thursday wasnt too bad as I spent the time wrapping up 74 diecast dumper trucks, the afternooon was then spent starting to deliver them.

Friday was the killer...

...I worked out that I walked up and down 21 flights of stairs during the day, in my quest to be healthy I didnt use the lift in our building.

Friday was also the last day to post to South America before Christmas and a few of the presents had to be sent there. I just managed to send most of them off by the end of the day (dont you just love it when things are left to the last minute).

On the plus side of being in London I did get to look at all the posh shops that you dont get in Romford, and I did manage to buy a couple of Christmas presents too (one being for myself from James ;o)).

I also got to see our new office too that everyone will be moving into (only five of us) by the end of January next year. Its really nice and you need a fob to get in the office and theres a door release button to press when you want to leave. How posh is that (as they say little things please little minds ;o)).

I managed to have some nice lunches too, theres one sandwich shop Birleys where they will do half sandwiches for you using one slice of bread. I love their half a lamb sandwich (it always sounds like your being really greedy too ;o)).

On the way back from one trip out I saw a sandwich shop selling Chili Con Carne with rice, I thought yeah I could go for that (what with it being cold and all), so when I was getting some mango & papaya in Marks I saw on their Food to Go counter they were doing Chili. As I didnt have the energy to go elsewhere I plumped for the Marks' one and shock of all shocks it was a ready meal! It was nice enough though and warmed me through ;o).

I havent weighed myself this week as when I went into Tesco to get a few bits on Saturday morning the scales werent on (I took that as a sign that I neednt bother ;o)).

Sunday me and James went to Gordon Ramsays Taste of Christmas, it was really good...

The ticket price included a cooking demo show with the man himself which was good and not too much swearing either ;o).

There were restaurants (his ones were there for the whole four days) selling tasters of their food (typically some of the ones I fancied werent there on the Sunday), but I still got to try some nice food.

I think the favourite thing I had was Sticky Toffee Pudding with Caramel Sauce from The Narrow it was absolutely scrummy and the nicest savoury thing I had was Pork Belly with Spiced Apple Puree from Maze, the portions were really tiny, I ended up having two savoury things and two desserts to use up the currency (20 crowns each worth £10.00) we got with our tickets (I'm glad that I didnt buy extra when I bought the tickets).

There were loads of exhibitors there with samples too and me being me I headed straight for the chocolate ones, I could have kept going back in different disguises to eat all of their samples ;o) but I composed myself.

This morning I was doing my juice and decided to add a kiwi to my concoction (apples, grapes and plums) it really added something to it making it even yummier ;o).

3 comments:

James (UK) said...

Oh great.. "posh" socks this year, instead of Tesco value ones...

;-)

Al said...

So that's the standard Tesco socks then.

I have to press a button to get into work, it's not quite as posh as a fob but it keeps me happy.

74 dumper trucks? Was that James' Christmas present then? I imagine he'd have lots on fun on Christmas morning with those :-)

chocolat lover said...

I definitely think he would love playing with dumper trucks...

...he could put flying saucers in the bucket and could play traffic jams ;o)