Sunday 15 March 2009

Goulash for lunch

I finally met my friends for lunch on Monday (we were supposed to meet on the Tuesday after the move, but was cancelled as one friend couldnt make it), we went to their staff canteen which is roughly halfway between the three of us. I went for the jacket potato with Beef Goulash and very nice it was too.

While me and James were watching Celebrity Britains Best Dish, I came out with "I want to change the person I want to turn straight from "H" from Steps to Scott Henshall", I mean who wants to look at a six pack when you can eat yummy food ;o).

Poor James then looked at me dumbfounded as I explained, that when bored me and a girl I used to work with would ask each other "interesting" questions such as "who would you like to turn straight?" For the life of me I cant remember who my friend chose, but I definitely went for "H" after seeing him as Joseph!

We were buying some bits yesterday, and one of the things I picked up was a Galaxy Cookie Crumble chocolate bar (I'm eating it now if your interested? and it is really nice chocolatey with cookie bits in it), anyhow we were paying for our bits at the self serve checkout and James left the bar in the basket! Now, I thought I said "dont forget my chocolate bar" but what apparently came out was a primeval screech that a Banshee would have been proud of!

I know I love chocolate but never realised that it has such a hold on me ;o)

Also while shopping I bought myself a massive Bramley Apple Crumble (again fancying this after watching CBBD), I had a quarter of it last night.

I followed the instructions and heated it up, but I suspect when I have another quarter of it tonight I will revert to my usual "eating it cold straight from the fridge".

I have also been known to eat Cheesecake straight from the freezer believing that if it has been previously frozen, then it should be eaten that way too ;o). James on the other hand has loads more restraint than me and (listen to this) he will actually wait for it to defrost first (this concept is completely alien to me - and should not be attempted unless supervised by an unresponsible adult).

Anyhow I weighed myself this morning and I have lost two pounds so I ate the chocolate bar to celebrate ;o).

6 comments:

James (UK) said...

It's so much better when the stuff defrosts... you don't break your teeth that way!

;-)

Al said...

Cold apple pie is so much better than hot apple pie I think. If I'm going to have some I always make a point of letting it go cold first, or just buying a fresh one in the first place so it doesn't need cooking.

If you don't let things like cheesecake defrost first then how are you supposed to eat it layer by layer? Or is it just me who does that?

James (UK) said...

Ah, now you see... that I can understand...

Normally, I'm very much a "bit of everything on my fork" man, so when I eat a curry for example, I'll make sure each forkful has a bit of curry, bit of rice, and a bit of anything else etc.

However, there are some things, like cheeseckake, and other desserts that I'll eat "sectionally" like you. Amber eats everything like that; starting on one item on her plate and moving onto the next when she's finished.

Cold apple pie... *shudder!*

You'd be thrown out of the Pudding Club for talk like that...

;-)

chocolat lover said...

My problem is Im just too impatient...

...I normally dont remember to get stuff out in time for it to defrost, so I then enjoy it frozen.

Cold apple pie is lovely, I had my third quarter of the apple crumble last night, eating it direct from the packet.

I was really controlled and just ate half of what was left ;o)

James (UK) said...

Impatient is an understatement! You've been known to eat frozen -solid cheesecake in the car on the way back from Tesco!

I always used to wonder why there was a dessert spoon and a packet of wet wipes in the glove box!

chocolat lover said...

It was a hot day, the queue at the Army & Navy roundabout was horrendous...

...and I was worried that the cheesecake was going to go off!

Thats the excuse I'm sticking to anyway ;o)