Sunday 30 August 2009

sucked in...

Yes, I have got sucked in watching The X factor, they are still showing the auditions at the moment. As you would expect some people are really good and others are painfully bad! I am pleased to say its another good show to watch whilst doing the exercise bike. James calls it mindless drivel (one of his more polite terms!), but I likes it ;o).

In our Starbucks on the wall by the drinks station they have up what iced drinks the baristas prefer, being primarily frappuccinos, one of the supervisors put down her favourite as a coffee frappuccino with gingerbread syrup (obviously seasonal). You guessed it, the power of suggestion got the better of me and ever since reading it I have been fantasising about a gingerbread frap...

So, yesterday I was sitting there eating my croissant with strawberry jam drinking my skinny sugarfree vanilla latte, and I see the said supervisor. So I told her that since seeing her favourite frap I NOW WANT that drink! She then whispers to me and James that she has a secret supply of gingerbread syrup, and she will leave a note to say that I can have some of her secret stash ;o). So my next thought was how do I order it? Do I have to ask for it in code such as "Fido will be going with Gretal to Grandmas house"

We went back into town yesterday afternoon as is now part of our Saturday ritual, I was queueing up to get our drinks and one of the girls said to me "so your not having your Special then" so I said no I will have that tomorrow! So I now know how to order my "special" order, phew what a relief ;o).

So today in Starbucks I am finally ready to order my "special drink" so I queue up and ask for a "tall coffee lite Special" and she knows EXACTLY what I would like. So I get my eagerly awaited drink and it was absolutely gorgeous, I had to hold on to it tightly as I feared that James would nick it from me. I reluctantly let him have the tiniest of tastes (I allowed him to sip for half a second - although I think that was way too long!).

No sure what we are going to do tomorrow yet as its a Bank Holiday, but if I want my "special drink" then it will have to involve going back to our Starbucks, what a decision to have to make!

I weighed myself this morning and was pleased that I am exactly the same, so thats pretty good ;o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't they made The X Factor more like Britain's Got Talent this year for the auditions? I still won't be watching it though as I'm afraid I have to agree with James' assessment of the show.

Even more special privileges at Starbucks I see, been bribing the staff again have we? :-)

James (UK) said...

I don't think I ever said it was "mindless drivel"... it does appeal to the masses, but it's just a show I consider to be "beneath you".

chocolat lover said...

the box of cadburys creme eggs we bought them in at Easter pays dividends ;o).

This is the first time I have watched The X Factor, the only other "talent" shows I have enjoyed before this was the Andrew Lloyd Webber shows searching for the lead characters for Joseph and Nancy.

James didnt like those either...

Al said...

I get the impression that you and James don't really see eye to eye on the subject of good television!

Probably a good job you have Sky+. I can imagine epic fights over the remote control every night otherwise!