Thursday 10 May 2018

half scarecrow

Yesterday I was helping out in Evies class...

...after doing the filing I had to see if any of the kids needed help with writing about a scarecrow...

Evie called her one Sally O'Straw I am not sure if she got as far as saying how she knew her or what her special talent was or what she liked to say or do or if she was a hero or a villain :)

Then after the morning break it was maths and it was about halves.

First of all on the interactive white board they had blocks of 8 squares and some of the kids (not Evie) had to get up and colour in half of the squares in different ways.

Then afterwards all of the kids had to colour in half of blocks of 6 oblongs, the first one Evie did was 4!  \I didnt get to see how she got on as I was asked to sort out the books in the corridor.

When I asked her about it on the way home she said that she did the rest of it ok.

And this morning she told me that half of 6 was 3.

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Sally O'Straw is a great name for a scarecrow :)
Perhaps Evie was carried away with the colouring in, more fun than maths :)

Anonymous said...

Coloring makes more fun for kids to learn about numbers:)