Sunday 20 September 2009

James has been sharing again...

James has been his usual caring sharing self by giving me his cold, I started to feel horrible yesterday, why couldnt my cold have started in the week, so I could feel grotty in work time?

Please imagine me typing this with a husky voice and add a few coughs too for a bit of authenticity ;o)

Oh well, I will pass on the favour by sharing with my train carriage tomorrow ;o).

Talking of trains, Wednesday was a nightmare!

I got to Liverpool Street Station on Wednesday evening and the concourse was teeming with people, so I fought my way through to where my train home normally goes from. About 10 minutes later there is a tannoy announcement that that a tree has come down and damaged overhead lines in the Chelmsford area! The trains were running on all the other routes except for mine aaaarrrgggghhhhh!

At about 20 to 6 there is another announcement that there will be no mainline trains (yes my line) out of Liverpool Street for at least the next hour *sigh* so I rang James and told him that he might as well start his dinner because I wasnt going to be home for ages. The announcers kept reiterating that we are better off staying in London until the line opens (and I agreed with that).

There was a train in the platform where I was standing just saying "Not in Service" on the front of the train, I had seen a few people get on the train, and as it was one of the trains that normally goes to Chelmsford and my legs were aching I decided to sit on the train and wait and wait and wait!

At 6.30 (an hour and 15 minutes after arriving at the station) there was another announcement that the tree had been removed and that the line would be opening imminently! And sure enough a few minutes later there is an announcement that the train on platform 12 (I was on platform 10) would be departing soon and was stopping at Chelmsford. I thought to myself (while working on the philosophy that a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush) well this train (that I have seat on) is bound to be leaving shortly and hopefully it will stop at Chelmsford.

There is then another announcement that the train at platform 13 would be stopping at Chelmsford (it was like they were taking the pee out of me and it was frustrating!). Then as if by magic people started streaming onto my train, we were asking the people if the train stopped at Chelmsford etc (and luckily it did). The train eventually departed at 7pm packed to the rafters and luckily I had a seat ;o).

I eventually got into Chelmsford at 8pm, and I was blooming tired and hungry.

On a completely different subject one of my colleagues was asking if my camera did black and white photographs (I had read in the manual that it did but hadnt had a play with those settings yet). So I downloaded the manual (while at work) and had a play with the different colour settings ;o)


see my flickr pictures here

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet it's really nice to be living with someone who is so willing to share everything they have with you, whether you want it or not!

Sounds like a total nightmare with the trains. I think I would have been tempted to find somewhere to stay the night after an hour or so. Good idea to stake out a seat well before the train was announced though!

chocolat lover said...

My plan could have easily backfired, with the train not stopping at Chelmsford!

James (UK) said...

The husky voice would be nice and sexy, if it wasn't for the perpetual hacking cough, snot and associated "nasties" that go with the cold! ;-)

James (UK) said...

Oh, nice B&W pic., too!