Sunday 13 September 2009

Christmas is a coming and its only September!

I cant believe that the supermarkets have started selling mince pies already...

I really got into them last Christmas and am aiming to have a mince pie every day throughout December!

I have to admit that since deciding last week to not weigh myself so regularly, I havent been so preoccupied with it all... ;o)

Theres a shop near where I work called Konditor & Cook and outside they have an A-board advertising their wares, on Friday morning I finally went in there and bought myself a slice of orange and lavender slabcake.


It wasnt overly nice, and I much preferred the maple pecan yumyum I got on Saturday, it was far nicer ;o)



you can see my other flickr pictures here...

When coming home from Chelmsford this morning (or rather afternoon as it was in the PM) we were in The Meadows carpark heading back to the car and James suddenly darted off (faster than an old lady who has just heard that there are free Parma Violets for the first 50 customers) having seen a folded up £10.00 note just laying there...

...what a result (that payed for our drinks and eats) ;o).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I need to go out with James sometime, as long as he agrees to a 50% split in the profits that is. I've never known someone to be able to find money like he does!

You don't need to tell me about Christmas stuff in stores. We've had the large tubs of Roses etc. in for the past couple of weeks. Who buys things things like Mince Pies this early though as they won't last until December? Still, some people must otherwise they wouldn't bother to stock them so early.

It's sad really when the Christmas stock arrives long before the Halloween stuff and the fireworks. Not to mention the fact that Easter eggs will start to make an appearance on Boxing Day.