Thursday 29 April 2010

both sets of doors werent working

Like most people I am a creature of habit, I stand in the same place on the platform and sit in the same seat (unless someone has beaten me to it of course).  This morning the train pulls in and the lights on the two sets of doors in the carriage werent alight - the doors wouldnt open!

We then realised that the doors in the other carriages were open so we hotfooted it (in both directions - I went right in case you were wondering) and luckily I managed to still get a seat - I would have been well narked otherwise!

Looking out of the window at the next stations that the train stopped at, people were doing the same thing that I did!

I know that NXEA have an obligation to run as many trains as they can during the peak periods, but at least run trains that us poor passengers customers can get onto!

2 comments:

Al said...

I wonder if they knew that those particular doors weren't opening and/or if it was just the one side that was affected. I suppose it's perfectly possible that nobody realised there was a problem or if they did that they had been told to continue to the end of the route to make it easier to switch trains.

Or maybe they just didn't care!

chocolat lover said...

I think it was only 1 side not working, and I dont think they care anyhow!