Thursday 14 December 2017

three in two

power cuts that is in days...

...following on from Mondays post...

...when I picked Evie up from school I told her that as the power was back on I would need her to test that the lights were still working.

But we got in and the power was off again!

So I called UK power networks to report the power cut and the guy I spoke to said that there were four other calls about it.

There was a problem with a cable and they tried to repair it but it hadnt worked

As we had no idea when the power would come back on I took Evie to The Harvester for dinner.

And as it was the power didnt come back until 10 PM.

So the next day we had power, as I left I saw a van and some men digging up the path and I thought to myself oh no not another one.

As we came home I pointed out the men digging and told Evie that they were the ones hat had fixed our power yesterday, the man then said "its off again love".

I was hoping that it was someone elses turn for power cut!

I then saw our neighbour who told me that the whole road was out and he hadnt had power for 2 days and had wasted £100 on getting an electrician in.

So we rang up gain to find out what was happening and this time they told us that the eta for power to be returned was between 5.30 PM and 6.30 PM.

Evie had had such a nice time going to The Harvester that she wanted to go again, we told her that we could all go during the school holidays, and Evie wants to show James the salad bar :)

Luckily we got our power back at 6 PM so that was good.

They replaced the cable so hopefully it will all be good for a while :)

2 comments:

Jules said...

I hope that's the last of your power cuts for a while, although it's a good excuse to enjoy a meal out. It's surprising just how much we take these things for granted isn't it? X

Eileen H said...

I hope the problem is fixed for good now. What a good excuse to have a meal out :)