Sunday 21 September 2008

Veggie nice...

The veggie concoction I had last Monday was really nice...


With my eyes being bigger than my belly (as my Mum would say ;o)) I used far too many vegetables, mind you it certainly made it filling (the sort of thing you could take in a thermos flask to go mountaineering - not that I'm ever likely to try it ;o)).


It ended up being more of a stew...


...all I did was chop up all the vegetables and put them in a saucepan with a can of chopped tomatoes and a small can of kidney beans heated them up and served with potatoes and pasta and basil, many thanks again Another Number for the recipe suggestion.

The question is would I have it again and the answer is...

...yes ;o)

After buying all the apples and grapes last week to juice (incidentally I have decided to limit my juicing to the weekend), I ended up having them chopped up with my other fruit as dessert after my dinner. I am so blooming healthy!

So I hear you ask...

...what has all this healthiness done to your weight?

Well, I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 1 pound.

And I even had a banoffee cheesecake slice last night.

I saw an article in Metro last week that Monster Munch are going to be relaunched back to their old bigger previous size ;o), so while out this morning I bought a packet of the flaming hot ones. Blimey they were lovely.

I was quite disappointed that the pack I bought didnt have the monsters vital statistics on any more. How it used to make me laugh that the monster on my snack liked curry jelly. It always made me wonder what it would taste like ;o).

Thats a thought, Heston Blumenthal could do a Monster Munch inspired menu at the Fat Duck.

I havent bought anything special to do this week as I'm trying to be extra good before our holiday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad it worked out. well done on the pounds too : )

James (UK) said...

I still think you need to make up a "batch" of juice, rather than that a little tiny bit each time.

Much less cleaning up at the end of the day.

chocolat lover said...

Thanks AN...

Thanks James, I think I will do a bigger batch next time...

...I'll just need some help drinking it ;o)

Al said...

I haven't seen Monster Munch in ages, I assumed that they just stopped making them. Obviously I just wasn't looking hard enough.

Pickled onion was always my favourite although I do like the hot ones too.

Now I want some.

chocolat lover said...

thanks Al, I think my most favouritist flavour has to be roast beef, but you cant get them in individual bags.

Hmmm, I think I will have to buy some multipack ones on Sunday and get James to eat the pickled onion ones...

...provided I still dont like them after retrying them of course ;o)