Sunday 28 September 2008

Theres something different about you...

In honour of Al I have bought a 12 pack of Monster Munch (whch includes my most favouritist flavour roast beef ;o)). Im going to let James eat the pickled onion ones (although I will have a little taste to see if I still dont like them ;o)). I had a packet of the roast beef snacks and they were as lovely as they have always been, but again the monsters vital statistics werent there, and for the life of me I cant remember the details about that monster and I am distraught...


...I may even need some psychotherapy!


Since I started dieting several of my visits to the hairdressers have resulted in my hairdresser asking if I have new glasses, because theres something different about me...


...yesterdays visit resulted in the girl colouring my hair (the usual girl who also cuts my hair is on honeymoon) saying youve lost a lot of weight havent you? I've never had this other girl before and to be honest not someone I have never even noticed (but she clearly noticed me) and we spent the time with her colouring in my roots chatting about diets. She and her Mum are both doing the tesco diet, they have both lost around a stone and a half in the last couple of months. Well done them.


I took James' advice and juiced a whole load of fruit this morning...


I didnt buy a jug (as previously intended) and decided to use a washed out two pint milk bottle (is it more being green or just not wanting to pay out for a jug that will probably get stained? hmmmm ;o)). All was going well until I got to the grapes...


...because the bottle I was using wouldnt fit under the spout I moved the juicer to the edge of the sink and held the bottle under the spout in the sink. When I was preparing the fruit (destalking the grapes and taking the stones out of the plums) I had the bottle in the sink. Being the dumb ass that I am I forgot to move the bottle from the sink to hold it under the spout and thus half the grape juice ended up going down the sink! The juice still tasted pretty nice though although James didnt think it tasted sweet enough...


What a load of mess there was though...


...I think next time I will let James get the fruit on Friday and let him do the juicing Saturday morning like has has suggested ;o)


This weekend saw a faux French Market in Chelmsford, I bought some baklava (just one piece this time). I will have to see if it is as good as the stuff from Harrods.


I have tried to be good this week and when I weighed myself this morning, I was well chuffed because I have lost another two pounds ;o)

4 comments:

James (UK) said...

Why do I always get the Pickled Onion ones?!?!?

I'm not just some unwanted crisp recycling facility to be used and discarded at your whim!

;-)

Man said...

I was going to say those flavors sound horrid but I'm sitting here eating Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos.
I guess Roast Beef and Pickled Onions can't be that odd.

Al said...

Nothing odd about pickled onion flavour Monster Munch at all. I'm going to have to go and get me some before I come back here I think. James, you can rest assured that they are the far superior flavour.

chocolat lover said...

Man I will have to try some of those spicy sweet chili doritos I think ;o).

Al I've still got to retry the pickled onion ones, as I dont want to upset theyre feelings ;o)

James you are so there to be used and discarded ;o)