Tuesday 16 February 2010

I shouldnt be dressing myself

When I get dressed in the mornings I am usually half asleep...

...yesterday morning was no exception.

I got dressed, had my breakfast of a cup of tea and a banana and went to work. Because its cold at work I put my cardigan on.

At lunchtime I took my cardigan off and put my fleece on to go out to get some lunch (a soup from Pret a Manger and mango fingers from Sainsburys).

I came back from lunch taking my fleece back off (and not putting my cardigan back on because I had warmed up).

I went down to get the mail going into the toilets first, looked in the mirror (this is not something I do very often ;o)), and shock horror I saw that my top was on inside out! INSIDE OUT! I rushed back into the cubicle to put my top back on properly.

I came back with the mail, and phew, nothing was said as clearly nobody was any the wiser!

All I can say is thank goodness it was cold and I was wearing my cardigan throughout the morning, and that it is Winter, as I wouldnt have been wearing a coat and fleece and people would have seen that I cant dress myself ;o)

Yes I have checked, double checked, triple checked and quadruple checked that what Im wearing today is on the right way around ;o)

Happy pancake day ;o)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have done that also, twice in this job but then we do have very early starts. Not as lucky as you know on both occassions I was asked if I dressed myself! ; )

impressed by the banana breakfast btw. sounds healthy.

Al said...

I've done the same thing before as well, so you're by no means alone!

Kelly said...

Its just lovely, isn't it, when we realize how truly incompetent we really are? ;)

I, too, am guilty of being unable to dress myself.

I actually walked through the mall with my sweater (thicker/bigger than a cardigan) on inside out, until I went to reach into the pocket and it was gone!

I was horrified and immediately blamed it on my sister since she did not tell me that I was looking so goofy!

Anonymous said...

I recall doing that myself when I worked, or I would put on socks of two different colors. The worse for me is doing the button on pants but forgetting to zip them up. I think when it is dark in the morning, you just get dressed quickly and don't notice.

chocolat lover said...

thanks...

...Im glad Im not the only one ;o)

chocolat lover said...

Joe, cant get to your blog or profile...

...is everything ok?

Mrs. Flax said...

I rounded a corner at my office one day a few years back, and my skirt fell off. Just hit the floor, with no warning. The zipper, with no latch at the top, had worked its way loose. Luckily there was noone in sight. I had a friend have a similar incident a couple of weeks ago, where her skirt zipper split open in the back. The skirt didn't fall off, but she had on a thong, and her boss was privy to the whole thing. We all have our days!

chocolat lover said...

Mrs Flax, you win on this one ;o) Like your friend I had a skirt split on me years and years ago, luckily I had a long cardigan that I could wear!