Monday 4 May 2009

theyre trying to make me healthy!

Theyre recognising me now in Birleys when I go in for my half a lamb sandwich (this still makes me smile as it sounds so greedy), I normally have it on white bloomer bread. I was waiting in the queue and the lady (I think she is either Spanish or Portuguese) asked "half lamb, no butter, no salt?" (Ive never liked the texture of butter or margarine anyway so its not like Im trying to be super weight conscious or anything) and I said yes please. She then got a slice of brown bread, I didnt say anything as I thought it would make a nice change, and it did ;o).

On Monday I met my friends for lunch and we ended up going to their staff canteen. Incidentally lunch is now down to two friends as one of them has gone and got herself a proper job in Westminster (she was temping previously and her assignments were nearly always in the city). Hopefully once she has settled she will be able to wrangle herself a longer lunch period and get the tube down to Bank. Anyhow back to the lunch...

...I ended up having chicken wrapped in bacon with herby polenta, and it was really nice. My boss was really surprised that I was only back 10 minutes late and asked me if my friends didnt like me anymore ;o).

Did anyone see my review on the Innocent website? Well here it is...
click here for a larger view

Click on picture for a larger view ;o)
Talking of Vegpots (yes I know I brought it up myself) I bought a new one today Mexican Sweet Potato Chilli.

While doing the big shop yesterday morning, I was looking through the doors whilst waiting to be let in and my heart sank when I saw that the self scan wands were out of order so (in a fit of temper) I took the bags that I had positioned into the trolley and threw them into the front section. They finally let us in and I went to have a schmoozy at the scanner holder and saw that the other side wasnt out of order (what a refief that was) so I got the scanner and had to put the bags back to where they originally were positioned. yes James I did check the Coinstar first!

I went to scan the first thing I picked up (a punnet of strawberries if your interested) and when I pressed the trigger the light didnt come up on the scanner! I thought damn the scanners must all be out of order :o( my heart sank again.

I was merrily down the dairy aisle and I see a man with his wife and they were using a scanner too, so i asked him if his scanner was working as blah blah blah and he said it was. So I gave the scanner one more try and hey pesto it started working. I shouldnt have got my hopes up as halfway through scanning the bits I had got, the scanner decided to die and came up with the dchp error.

Then about five minutes later it started to boot up and did its start up sequence (James you would have been mesmerised as well as paranoid), and all my scanned items appeared on there again and I carried on scanning my bits and the bloody scanner died again and did the whole start up thing again. Only this time it didnt die again so I presume whatever the scanner problems were finally fixed.

Although when I left the out of order sign was still on one side of the scanner holders, so who knows.

I have recently started watching Queer Eye for the Straight Guy after seeing a parody of it on South Park in the episode South Park is Gay! I couldnt believe how right they had got it. I was watching an episode yesterday. I looked around at James who was shovelling Kellogs Frosties into his mouth, and I thought if Carson saw you (in your jogging bottoms and oversized t-shirt) I could just hear him saying "Sweetie Ive heard of casual but you are the limit" , I think styling James would be a challenge too far for the Fab 5!

Incidentally I was watching Professor Regans Nursery and I was completely gobsmacked to hear that Kellogs Frosties are mainly eaten by young men (as opposed to children) I was waiting with baited breath for her to say they were especially popular in the East Anglia Region, in the Essex town of Chelmsford ;o)

I weighed myself yesterday morning (for free again) and was well chuffed that I lost 300 grammes, especially as I had the polenta earlier in the week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would have lost it, having to deal with the scanners like that. Chunked it right into a lobster tank, I would've!

Here, they are called 'Frosted Flakes', and I love them! Of course, I started eating them as a child...imitating my then 20-something father ;) James should try them with sliced bananas included: if he likes bananas it will be a real treat! If not, then...well, too bad ;)

You really let them have it with that review. Worst review yet, it seems.

James on QEFSG? Now that I would pay to see :)

chocolat lover said...

I think the scanner would have gone for a swim had there been a lobster tank in situ ;o)

Perhaps thats the reason why they dont have freshwater tanks in the store!

James doesnt tend to like mixing fruit with his cereal, he just mixes more cereal ;o)

I think there were another couple of negative reviews on the site, but as they say theres no accounting for taste!

I think James would secretly love all the pampering if he was on the show ;o)

Anonymous said...

Mexican Sweet Potato Chilli sounds really nice, you'll have to let me know how that one is.

Perhaps the problems with the scanners were intermittent like the ones you were having and they decided to just say that they were out of order until it was sorted? It would save them from having to deal with lots of confused and complainy (yes, it is a word, well it is now anyway) people.

James (UK) said...

I think that it's the camera dampening field around the Coinstar that's upsetting the wireless scanner connections myself...

Amber liked that Mexican pot-thing, by the way.

I don't mind bananas too, but don't like them in cereal as they go too "mushy" for me... but I do buy the bags of "banana chips", where they've sliced and fried (baked?) them, so they are rock-hard little slivers. Those I mix in sometimes.

I wouldn't mind being on QEFTSG... I'd go out of my way to be so "flamingly gay", that I'd make that blond one look like the WWE's "King Kong Bundy"!

No matter how many times I read "half a lamb sandwich", I still think it's half of a whole lamb, put between two slices of bread. And do they usually sprinkle salt on people's sandwiches? I've not seen that before.

And did you remember to check the Coinstar; the sides and top too? And on the floor? Oh, I see you did... thanks.

"So I gave the scanner one more try and hey pesto it started working"I didn't think you liked that garlic, pine nuts and basil stuff... ;-)

Great line though for a TV chef to use!: "Then you put that in the over for twenty minutes, and hey pesto!; it's done!They weren't "Frosties" by the way that was my "blend 37"; from bottom of bowl (OK, bucket...) to top thus;

1/8th "Coco Rocks", 1/8th "Honey Cheerios", 1/8th "Shreddies" 1/8th "Jordan's Extra Fruit Muesli" 1/8th "Honey Nut Clusters", 1/8th "Just Right", then 1/4th "Special K" (plain), and finally 1/4th "Honey Nut Cornflakes".

Please check your facts before posting. ;-)

Cereal is eaten by so many "single" men, because it lasts for ages on the shelf, can be eaten "as-is", with water, with milk, with orange juice, etc., and it "tastes gr-r-r--r-rrrr-eat!" as Tony would say.

Pleased the weight is still going in the right direction. Just look at those trousers this morning, and how your bottom didn't really show in them now.

chocolat lover said...

Al, the Mexican Sweet Potato Chilli pot was really nice, definitely in my top three.

Had the scanner not have worked and I not had seen the other couple using one then complaining wouldnt even had entered my mind as the self scan station clearly had "out of order" written on it.

I didnt complain anyway as it was working even though it had a few glitches!

James, I was trying to make you sound (relatively) normal by saying you were eating Frosties ;o).

I was going to mention how I thought you would "camp it up" if you were on the show but forgot!

Hey pesto was artiistic licence and not a spelling mistake - honest!

Thanks for what you said about me not having a bum anymore ;o)

Anonymous said...

Yes, but what I meant was that perhaps they had put the out of order sign on the stand because they were being a bit temperamental. If they hadn't and lots of people had experienced the same problems as you did then there would have been complaints.

I've never actually had one of those things before but I think I might have to give them a go, starting with the Mexican one and avoiding the British Spring Greens or whatever it was!

chocolat lover said...

Al, your right...

...but then you will always have some people who will complain anyway!

My top 3 Vegpots are Mexican Sweet Potato Chilli, Thai Coconut Curry and Indian Daal Curry, the only one I didnt try because it sounded horrible (and if the British Spring Greens one was anything to go by I wasnt wrong!) was Pea & Broccoli Rice.

Youll have to tell us what you think?