Sunday 14 September 2008

Apple, grapes and plum

I finally set up the juicer this morning, whilst making a cup of tea for me & James. Luckily in my half asleep state I poured the boiled water in the mugs and not the juicer.


I have bought a whole load of fruit to juice this morning when doing our weekly shop...

  • gala apples
  • white grapes
I guess I'm a pretty weird person because there are some fruit I like to eat and others that I only like the juice of such as apples and grapes oh and oranges (perhaps I'll get some of those next week).
As you can tell by the blog title my first concoction was an apple, some grapes and a plum and it was really nice, James liked the taste of it too (although what he actually said was "its really sweet").
I'll have to see if the fruit juice goodness works its magic ;o).
The juicer was pretty easy to use as the apple fitted down the chute, I cut the plum in half to remove the stone (as I didn't want to ruin the machine's motor on its first use ;o)) and I removed the grapes from their stalk.
As ever the clearing up is never as much fun as the "making" itself, luckily my resident "responsible adult" was on hand to wash up the bits (as I was annoying him with how I was wiping the pulp off). I think next time I will take up James' offer to do the juicing for me ;o).
I've had a naughty couple of days again...
...yesterday not only did I have a massive garlic bread (according to the pack a portion size is only a quarter of the garlic bread!), I also had a cappuccino cheesecake slice (which was extremely nice) I have the other slice to eat tonight and am not willing to share it ;o).
Oh last Sunday I also had a tiramisu dessert and the two baklava I bought.
When I weighed myself this morning (not surprisingly) I have put on two pounds!
This week I am trying a vegetarian option for my dinner one night, thanks Another Number for the recipe idea ;o)
this is what I have bought
  • courgette
  • mushrooms
  • baby leeks
  • red pepper
  • kidney beans
  • one can of chopped tomatoes
As ever, I shall let you know how I get on.
I think I have to go now as the fruit juice seems to be working ;o) Sorry for the toilet humour ;o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are welcome.my experience is though that ardent carnivores sometimes do find vegetarian food tame. my approach is: less is best, but make sure the less is the best. so i am very choosey about the variety of tinned toms, even the type of pepper i use. good, hearty and sustaining food though is simple. its just that usually our world likes to over complicate and over present, and food is no different. anyhow, good luck. if you can manage it once you have given it a hearty fry and added the toms get the heat down low and go for a long cook. mind you i have to own up to hedging my bets sometimes by ensuring i have chocolatefor afters, or worse still the profiterroles aldi does ( to die for, dont try them)just in case the food disappoints. : )

chocolat lover said...

Thanks AN I had the veggie concoction on Monday night...

...I did loads of veggies and it certainly was filling ;o)