Sunday 7 September 2008

Finally cracked it...

I havent set up the juicer yet, so I cant tell you what flavour concoctions I have tried.


Yesterday saw me go upto London yesterday for some shopping...


I wanted to buy a new coat as the one I bought two years ago was (or rather is) way to big.


I have been looking around Chelmsford and Romford for a coat but havent seen one I like, I looked online and saw a rather nice coat in Marks & Spencers, plus I had a five times points voucher which expires today ;o) for my credit card.


So after doing some pre Sunday food shopping it was off to Marble Arch for some retail therapy. Not only did I get my coat but I also bought James a little present too. He has been after a cheap Nurses watch type thing, and whilst shopping I saw a watch keyring which I thought would be ideal and was only £12.00 ;o).


I didnt realise that M&S was next door to Selfridges so I went in there to have a looksie around their foodhalls (certainly cant afford anything else in there ;o)).


I love peanut butter and saw a four pack of Hershey Reeses Chocolate Candy Coated Cookies (they look exactly like Oreo cookies but with peanut butter filling instead).


I then hopped onto the tube to Harrods, I just went around their famous foodhalls and got us two pieces of baklava each one pistachio and one cashew. I didnt go to the Christmas shop because I was getting tired and its more fun looking around there with James ;o).


I then went to Fortum & Mason because they sell the most delicous biscuits.


It was then time to come home as I was shopped out and tired. Just as the train was pulling tinto Bank Station the driver anounced that Liverpool Street Station was shut. Luckily I knew the directions to walk between the two stations (its amazing how quiet the city is when nowheres open).


I weighed myself today and was well pleased as I have lost another pound and have finally hit the five stone mark.


This week its back to bolognese (I havent really bought anything different to what I normaly do).


Sees ya next week.

3 comments:

James (UK) said...

Well done on the 5 stone mark! Very proud of you...

I wonder why no one's thought of selling Peanut Butter "stuff" in a squeezy tube?

Anonymous said...

Nice one Amber, a milestone along the way. If you like Spaghetti a simple but lovely veggie alternative is:
olive oil, add generous herbs and black pepper.
a red pepper cut in thin strips, a medium sized courgette cut regularly thin to medium, fry a little, add 2 cans of chopped toms with more herbs and black pepper,+ generous squirts of tom puree, ensure its hot and bubbly then turn down to very low and leave to simmer with lid slightly off. I stir once every 45-60 mins. You can add something substantial like butter beans or kidney beans. This is though contrary to expectation a very tasty meal particularly if your ingredients are organic.

anyhow, keep up the good work : )

chocolat lover said...

Thanks James - squeezy peanut butter is definitely a good idea - as would a squeezy peanut butter & jam combo.

Thanks for the recipe idea AN I will definitely give it a go next week.