Monday 18 July 2016

show day

Today is Evies tap dancing show day :)

She went to her rehearsal yesterday in her outfit

buzz buzz buzz
While I was waiting one of the teachers came into the waiting area to say to remove the stickers from the tap shoes (so I did that yesterday).

James took her over to the studio where they were doing rehearsals and he said that she wasnt doing what she was supposed to do and had to be "moved" to where she was supposed to be.  He used the words embarrassing and heartbreaking.

I hope she is ok doing it today and that she has fun (at the end of the day she is only 4 and I am sure there will be a few misshaps).

When we got home I realised that we didnt have her leggings (we must have dropped them on the way back to the car or left them in the waiting room).

Ironically the leggings I bought her came in a 2 pack (I could only get age 5)  and I lent the other pair to my friend for her daughter to wear!

So James went to Asda and bought these I will have to see if they do them in grey also so I can get them for days when she has games (as they will be easier to get on and off than the ones I have bought her).

I asked her later if she enjoyed doing the rehearsal and she said yes so that is good :)

I have to take her to the theatre a couple of hours before the show so have bought her a colouring book and a sticker book and some snacks and have put some coloured pencils into a bag for her too (I didnt want to give her felt tips as she will get ink everywhere) and a travel toilet seat (all labeled up).

6 comments:

chamonix44 said...

Wishing Good Luck to E-Bee! She looks so cute in her costume.

chocolat lover said...

E-bee I love it...

...that will be her new name today :)

The Captain said...

This brings back memories. I'm a veteran of years of dance shows and the like, whilst I enjoyed seeing the performances the back stage stuff (these things were usually a week long) got to be hard going. Hope it all goes well and most importantly she enjoys herself!

chocolat lover said...

Kirt - week long rehearsals omg!

me too on hoping it goes well and especially on enjoying herself... :)

Eileen H said...

I'm sure the show will go well and Evie has fun. She looks really good in her costume, in fact she looks buzzing :)

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - it went better than I thought it would :)