Sunday 23 November 2008

Snow on the ground and nutmeg on my skinny latte

We have had the first snow of winter today and blimey its cold...

We were worried it would be busy in Chelmsford today as the Christmas lights are being switched on...

Luckily I think the weather has kept some people away, Starbucks was emptier than it is usually (I guess most of the people were using the mini ice rink ;o)).

After putting on our hats, gloves and scarves me and James went out looking more like we were going on an expedition to Antarctica than going to do our weekly food shop ;o).

Today whilst shopping in Sainbury's I spotted in the ready meal aisle some Innocent veg pots the one that really caught my eye was the Thai Coconut Curry one, it has three vegetable portions in it too (making it super healthy), they also do a Morrocon Squash Tagine one and a Tuscan Bean Stew they both looked pretty yummy too ;o). Anyhow I will try it tomorrow and will let you know next week what I think of them.

In Marks and Spencers they again had no two packs of custard tarts :o( Im sure someone (who is reading this blog) is puposely thwarting me and buying them all up before I get in there on Saturday mornings ;o). Hmmm its all happened since telling my Mum about this blog...

...could this be a coincidence? Who knows ;o)

I have been on my own (quite literally) at work for the past two weeks as my colleague has been off sick. Anyhow on Friday I had to bring some packs into London for a monthly meeting on Wednesday and my boss (feeling sorry for me) said I could meet my friends for lunch then go home afterwards.

I weighed myself this morning and despite my lunch of scrambled eggs on toast I managed to lose 300 grammes. So Im well chuffed.

I have Monday and Tuesday off this week (trying to use up my holiday by the end of the year) and am going to Harrods tomorrow with James' Mum so if you hear about a "disturbance in Knightsbridge" on the news tomorrow youll know its us ;o).

4 comments:

James (UK) said...

I think it's Al, secretly cornering the market in packs of two custard tarts...

Al said...

Oh no, I've been rumbled!

Just for that James, I'm going to have to stake out your Coinstar machines and pocket anything left behind before you get there :).

chocolat lover said...

I should have guessed who the phantom custard tart snatcher was ;o)

Al said...

*looks around innocently*