Sunday 9 November 2008

Donut be so jammie...

On Wednesday, the new Christmas drinks came out in Starbucks, and I've gone to great lengths and have tried all three of them, and mighty nice they all are too ;o).


The brand brand new drink was the Dark cherry mocha - it is super scrummy - just like how I think a liquefied black forest gateau would taste. I think I'm going to alternate it with the gingerbread latte which is my other current drink of choice ;o).


On Friday night I was out with my mates for one of their birthdays, we went to see Hairspray, Michael Ball was good as Edna Turnblad (the Mother).


In my quest to not be too bad foodwise and knowing I wouldnt have time to eat anything substantial for my dinner (I just got some extra bits at lunchtime to eat on the train going up there) I decided to take some nuts and dates to munch on during the show.


Let me go back...


...a few weeks ago whilst being dragged kicking and screaming (I was in my head anyway) into Poundland I bought some press and seal foodbags for a pound.


Anyway, one of the said foodbags was being used for my snacks and when I pulled the bag out there was a shower of macadamia nuts flying like confetti around the theatre. Yes, you guessed there was a hole in the bag along the bottom seam. James has also said that the useless bags also seem to tear just under the press seal too :o( I think I will have to go back to buying decent bags again... oh well.


Weve seen the new advert for Pizza Hut now being called Pasta Hut and just thought it was a marketing gimmick. But blow me, whilst in Theatreland I actually saw a Pasta Hut! In Romford the Pizza Hut there is being refitted so I guess that will become a Pasta Hut too. I will have to have a looksie at their menu to see if they have anything yummy looking.


I havent been too bad eatingwise this week, although I did have a jam donut on Friday. I havent had a proper jam donut for ages and had forgotten just how lovely they were. When I was a kid my Mum would buy a bag of frozen jam donuts from Bejam, and I would be allowed to carry them home in a carrier bag and I would always end up swinging the bag into my legs and would end up with bruised legs ;o).


I weighed myself this morning and despite having my jam donut I have lost the two pounds I put on last week so am well chuffed.

5 comments:

Al said...

I thought the whole Pizza Hut/Pasta Hut thing was just marketing as well but there we are. I noticed they had a very small selection of pasta available for delivery last time I ordered a pizza from them. I don't recall what they actually were but they were about £10 a time. Presumably the actual eat-in places will have a wider selection than 3.

James (UK) said...

I just wish PHTM would start posting again, as I'd love to read the "behind the scenes" stuff about that name / menu change...

it's funny, but you don't think you could ever "miss" a drink, but I really do miss my Pumpkin Spice Lattes... :-(

chocolat lover said...

Al when I looked on the Pizza Hut website there were at least 6 pasta dishes.

James the Pumpkin Spice Latte was nice. Make sure you have yourself a dark cherry mocha ;o)

Al said...

It was a little while ago that I saw it on there so they're obviously expanding the range.

James (UK) said...

Al, I remember that, as they seemed to only have like "spag. bol." and one lasane dish, but like she says, it looks like they are going "upmarket".

I reckon though it'll be very "average" pasta though... bit like the "serve yourself" cold salad bars Tesco and Sainsbury's have. :-(