Sunday 6 December 2009

39 parcels later

What an eventful week its been...

The week started out really wet (by really wet I mean I was soaked through before I even got into work on Monday morning). My feet were really wet and I was whinging & whining before eventually trudging down to Next to buy some new socks. I was much nicer after putting on some dry socks. I was even walking about (not just sticking to the confines of our office) in just my socks to allow my shoes to dry out ;o)

I have been down to the post office so much this week (10 times - one day going three times), that not only did the staff start recognising, but they were asking exactly what was I posting ;o).

On Fridays we have our fire alarm tested, this Friday the fire alarm went off but didnt stop, so we went down the fire exit and the doors were locked! So we walked through to go out of the main doors. Anyhow we were standing there in the cold waiting to be allowed back in and we heard sirens (someone said that they saw a reflection of a fire engine) so i said "do you think its for us?" and 5 minutes later the fire engine complete with crew pull up outside our building, then a few minutes after that we were allowed back in.

In the meantime my boss went out to get us bacon sandwiches (he offered to get them before the fire alarm even went off). So I went to make us some drinks (it always seems to be me) and saw that the office next to the kitchen (which is currently empty) had the windows wide open (my guess is that someone may have been smoking in there - as it had that smell about it) no wonder we got a fire engine!

Next week I will trudging across London (well the square mile) this time to deliver packages to our brokers. I cant believe how much walking I will be doing ;o)

6 comments:

Al said...

If nothing else, all of this walking will help keep you fit. As long as all the Gingerbread drinks from Starbucks aren't undoing all of that good work of course!

The only time a fire alarm activation at my place has resulted in fire brigade attendance (that I'm aware of at least) we were out there for about 45 minutes. Luckily it was a nice summer evening and not one in the middle of December!

Kelly said...

any reason to walk around without shoes sounds like fun to me (with dry feet, of course)

What all is on a bacon sandwich?

chocolat lover said...

Al thats my thinking ;o)

Kelly a bacon sandwich is 2 slices of bread with rashers of back bacon, some people like to have it with ketchup or brown sauce (I dont!).

Its one of those "must haves" when your hungover ;o)

Jessica said...

Just wanted to say thank you for your comment. No such luck on jobs, I still have a year and a half left of school before I can graduate.

Lynn said...

lol. looked at the useless knowledge thing and learned something very uh, interesting

chocolat lover said...

thanks Naomi...

...glad you enjoyed the useless knowledge ;o)