Sunday 26 April 2009

Signed book

On Thursday in Metro is saw an advert for Waterstones saying that Gordon Ramsay would be doing a book signing of his new book Great British Pub Food on Friday. So knowing that James is currently at a loose end (and a good way of prolonging his suffering) I thought I would ask him if he wanted a mission (I had to make it sound glamorous didnt I ;o)) to go and get the signed book for me. He said he didnt really want to do it...

...I then had to go to Plan B and guilt trip him to do it! I think the twenty phone calls I did Friday morning saying "no dont worry about it" and putting the phone back down must have done the trick ;o).


The new British Spring Greens Innocent Veg Pot wasnt nice at all (I even did a review on the website saying that I didnt like it), definitely not one that I will buy again! So what didnt I like about it? I think it was mainly the underlying mint taste (it wasnt nice like mint chocolate but horrible).

On Friday while walking past Starbucks I saw a sign for their new frappuccino, dark berry mocha, the nice people in our store even did us a free sample to try on Saturday morning (we totally loved it), it reminded me of the raspberry mocha I drank loads of while on holiday in LA a couple of years ago ;o).

I went into Boots this morning to weigh myself and there was a sign on the machine saying that between now and 5th May you can weigh yourself for free (what a bargain it means it will save me £1.00) whopee doo ;o). Anyhow I lost one pound which I was really chuffed about as I had half a garlic bread with James earlier in the week and no less than four drinks yesterday in Starbucks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guilt is always the best way to go, guaranteed to get all but the most heartless person to do whatever you want them to! From what I hear anyway it wasn't that arduous a task. Sorry, mission.

Looking at the picture on the website, that veg pot doesn't exactly look appetising, and it seems to be getting mixed reviews. Still, I suppose someone, somewhere must have liked it otherwise they wouldn't have made it.

James (UK) said...

Al, like we've talked about "user testing" and software, I expect it was just one person who "taste-tested" it, and that was probably the person who submitted the idea for it!

Yeah, in truth, it's just the hanging around queuing that's the drag with things like that book signing; if you don't get there at a reasonable time, you end up being number 345 in a queue that you know he's never going to be able to work through in his allotted two hours etc.

I don't mind really. I just have to get the gumption up to "go", and Amber puts up with enough flak from me every day to mean I really want to do something for her now and then, however small.

(Blimey! 03:54am! Too early to be philosophical!)

chocolat lover said...

It was probably the same person who suggested the "pea and brocolli" vegpot recipe.

At least thats one I know not to buy again!