Sunday 14 June 2009

a strong cup of me

The train I catch in the mornings (the 7.03) usually attracts contractors as well as the usual insomniacs, on Monday morning a chippie was sitting in the seats opposite to me. We pull into Liverpool Street Station, as I was getting off the train I glanced around to make sure I hadnt left anything and spotted a saw tucked between the seat and the wall! Knowing how much NXEA charge people to return lost property I caught up with the bloke and told him I thought he had left something on the train! I didnt take the saw with me in case I couldnt catch up with him or recognise him - Im normally half asleep at that time of the morning (I tend to be most awake when its time to leave ;o)).

After my good deed that morning, I thought I would have good karma, but no, I get into work and our e-mail isnt working again! Because I work for a small company the IT is outsourced, and their helpdesk inst open until 8.30. Provided Im in (and the trains arent up the creek) then any IT problems will be being dealt with by the time my bosses are in.

On Wednesday & Thursday you could tell there was a tube strike on, there arent normally too many people leaving the station but there were hundreds of people milling about and the bus stops were heaving too! I saw loads of taxis on the road too - I later read that there was a taxi share service arangement (what a great idea).
Earlier in the week James texted me to tell me that there was a new vegpot out. Because I buy all my food for the week on Sunday morning I had to let him eat it as the other one I had was one he didnt like. Ironically the other vegpot he bought (to get the 2 for £5.00 offer) was the same one I had! Anyhow I tried a bit of the sauce and it tasted nice, so I bought one today to have in the week.
The Apprentice final was on last Sunday, and the challenge (which got my full attention strangely enough) was to design a new box of chocolates. I was watching intently (I didnt even notice James dancing around the lounge naked whilst waving his boxer shorts in front of me I tell ya I was that engrossed) when one of the teams was talking to a chocolatier that I recognised. Yes it was none other than Paul A Young the very person who owns my new favourite shop ;o). I went in there on Tuesday to buy some more chocolate provisions, and the French guy told me that they were rammed in there Monday lunchtime and that 90% of the customers were in there after seeing Paul on the show.
While on holiday a couple of years ago I saw a plaque, that really caught my attention - especially with its aptness...
"A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water".
I can say Im a strong cup of tea, although to be honest I would much rather still not know - but I do ;o) Should I be happy or sad about this? Hmm I dont know!
I weighed myself this morning sure as sure could be that I had lost an incy wincey teeny weeny bit of weight, but no I put on 100 gramees oh well...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does James often dance around the house naked then? Actually, scratch that, I'm not entirely sure I want to know! :-)

I still haven't gotten around to trying those Vegpot things, I really should get onto that soon.

chocolat lover said...

He does sometimes!

A few years ago when it hadnt rained for a few weeks it started drizzling and he went out in his boxers to dance in the rain.

I yelled at him to get back in, before next door thought he was rich ;o)

Anonymous said...

I now have a really disturbing mental image of just that. So erm... thanks for that! :-)