Sunday 15 November 2009

It was spa-tastic

I had a great day on Tuesday (what with the not going to work and all ;o)). Me and two of my friends went to Greenwoods Spa for my friends 40th birthday (I still cant believe that my best friend is 40 or even worse that I will be that next year!).

I will have to start acting like a responsible adult soon (I just KNOW IT) :o(

I went for the same treatments (manicure, pedicure and facial) as the birthday girl and all three of our treatments were done at the same time.

You can tell that there is a recession on as they had special offers (slightly cheaper than if you had already booked them) for some of the more expensive treatments. I would have been well annoyed if I had booked something and saw that I could have got say £10.00 off!

Our facials and pedicures were done before lunch, I know my feet arent very nice, but I thought it was a bit insensitive of the girl to put safety goggles on (whilst yelling "I think I have won the £25.00 worst trotter sweepstake - with this one") ;o).

We then had a two course lunch, I went for the steak and guinness pie (which was quite small) and a small walnut torte with coffee ice cream for dessert. Considering it was mid week and there not being loads of people, the service was really slow. I even had to ask when we were going to get our desserts as by that point we were late for our manicures!

The treatment desk even rang to say that we would have to go up there that minute or to rebook our appointments! My friend (the birthday girl) who just had a smoothie went down and told them that I would be another 10 minutes. Needless to say we didnt leave the waitress a tip!

I then went for my manicure and it was really nice having someone rub handcream into my arms (I will definitely have to have another manicure and possibly even a pedicure again ;o)).

They even let us keep the nail varnish they used (for that extra (we are in a recession after all) value for money).

On Wednesday one of my bosses even remarked that my face was looking better following my facial ;o)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I have never had any type of spa treatment, but you make it sound divine! Sorry to hear about the rotten service in the restaurant, though.

Forty, eh? I would have thought early thirties if I had been forced to do so. Life has been good to you ;)

Anonymous said...

The best thing is though that no matter how old you are, you only have to give the impression that you're a responsible adult. If you can hide the fact that you're not well enough then nobody need ever know any different!

chocolat lover said...

I do try to give teh impression of being a responsible adult most of the time!

Thanks for saying that life has been good to me - I would have thought that all of the stress from the last 5 years would have aged me ;o)