Sunday 22 November 2009

it feels a lot like Christmas

Wednesday saw the delivery of 78 die cast drills, that are presents for our brokers...

I spent Thursday and Friday in our meeting room (so I could have room to spread myself out type of thing) wrapping up the drills, I wanted to get them done before Monday, as we will have auditors in, and they will be in the meeting room. I ended up using 11 rolls of wrapping paper ;o).

Im so glad that the toys arrived early this year, as I have two whole weeks (yes thats 14 days) to sort out the ones to go overseas, as the last posting date is 4th December. You may remember that last year I was running around like a headless chicken! Only time will tell though ;o) or should that be a :o(.

Talking of all things Christmassy, me and James have decided to go for a festive afternoon tea on our week off, I will have to make sure that Im drinking my earl grey tea with my little finger cocked out ;o).

Oh I was in Sainsburys this morning doing our weekly shop, and I was calling James (or rather letting the phone ring twice and disconnecting the call - so he knows that Im about to pay), and I saw a nine year old girl with her Mother and Grandmother.

The girl was crying and the grandmother was saying "she did apologise" and the mother was saying she has to learn to be more respectful. I took this to mean that she had been rude to her Grandma. Suddenly this other woman storms up to them yelling "I have been a nanny for 30 years and the children that I have looked after have all had good manners", the mother than yells out at her "she apologised" and the woman shouts "no she didnt" and the mother yelled back "are you calling my daughter a liar" at which point the poor girl was in tears again.

All of this was happening at the front of the store (which incidentally is the only place you can get a phone signal since the store was refurbished a couple of years back).

We were In Starbucks this morning getting my 11th Gingerbread Latte, and their coffee machine had decided to breakdown. Its typical that these things will always breakdown at the busiest times. It looked like the coffee grinder (built into the machine) wasnt grinding the coffee as the baristas kept on removing the perspex bowl with the whole beans in and were "poking about" where the beans would be grounded. I do hope they disconnected the machine first - I dont want my next gingerbread latte being made by a nine fingered barista ;o)

Finally a goodbye to Als blog :o(. Me and James will both miss your musings...

3 comments:

Al said...

Ah, you can't beat a good customer argument, especially when you have time to stand and watch! Still waiting for the first incident of actual physical violence though. :-)

I want one of those things that you were wrapping up. Do you think you could er... address one wrongly and send it to me instead? :-)

chocolat lover said...

I thought there was going to be a punch up - the women certainly were evenly matched girthwise ;o)

I'll see what I can do toywise... ;o)

Al said...

A punch up would have been excellent, definitely one of those moments when the entire store goes completely silent...

I shall look forward to the arrival of the toy! :-)