Sunday 27 December 2009

N-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o theyve run out of Gin-ger-bread latte :o(

I went into Starbucks this morning to have gingerbread latte # 32 and was told that they have no gingerbread syrup left...

...to say I was distraught was an understatement, it was weird, everything started going in s-l-o-w motion, and then I had an OOBE and saw myself lying on the floor sobbing :o( From up above I spotted a half filled tub of toffee nut latte sprinkles (which they had managed to "acquire" from the other store) which soon reunited my body with my soul, I awoke just as James was spoon feeding me a toffee nut latte, whilst gently rubbing eggnog latte into my temples! ;o)

Christmas was good, this was down (in no small part) to buying the stuff for dinner ready prepared (yes I know its cheating), although I did make some Yorkshire pudding but admittedly it was as thick as a brick where I didnt make it in a large enough tin - it was still really nice though ;o)

It was blooming typical...

...I came down with a cold last Sunday, I had the Monday off anyway and ended up having the Tuesday off sick and missed the Christmas lunch, I had a blocked up "dose" and really wouldnt have enjoyed myself. I made it in Wednesday and Thursday was only working until lunchtime anyway.

Christmas Eve was good at work (apart from finishing at lunchtime) as we had mince pies and bucks fizz (I had three glasses ;o)).

Between Christmas and New Year NXEA have their usual Engineering Works terminating all trains at Stratford meaning that I have to get the London Underground around to Liverpool Street. As usual it will be easy enough to get there in the morning, its just the getting home in the evening which is always more tricky! Oh well, if nothing else it will make a good post ;o).

4 comments:

Al said...

I would have been oh-so tempted to just stay off work until after Christmas. However, that would probably be viewed with suspicion, especially where I work, regardless of how ill you might actually be. At least you managed to get over it enough to enjoy Christmas.

Stratford to Liverpool Street is easy enough isn't it? Or are you talking in terms of how busy it's likely to be?

chocolat lover said...

the journeys easy enough, just three stops on the Central Line...

I think it will be busy though, the engineering work over-ran badly last time they closed Liverpool Street which resulted in the trains being well packed - lets say we all got to know each other real well :o(.

I dont think they expected to see me back before Christmas - but I thought I had better make the effort!

Al said...

Ah well, a nice surprise for them then and no doubt some brownie points earned for you too!

I thought that might be the case with the Central. It's always a busy line anyway so chuck in the extra people going to/from Liverpool Street who would normally be using NXEA and it doesn't make for a pleasant experience. There's not really a viable alternative either, which won't help. I mean, there are alternatives but they would be slower and nowhere near as direct (Jubilee to West Ham and then H&C to Liverpool Street being one of them).

chocolat lover said...

the cattle train conditions was on the overground from Stratford toward Chelmsford...

I shall just look at it as a "fun adventure" ;o)

Thanks for looking at alternative routes too ;o)