Sunday 13 December 2009

one day week

This is going to be a good week, because I am only working on Monday ;o)

The only thing we have planned so far is a festive afternoon tea, I even got a phone call today asking if we had any dietary requirements (how cool is that?) perhaps I should have mentioned that were not too keen on having "finger sandwiches" as my mum would say "you dont know where theyve been" ;o)

One of my bosses has been in Australia on business for the past couple of weeks, and he came back on Thursday and said that the toys I had sent out went down really well.

On Monday I sent the last four toys out to Australia, and spent the remainder of the week taking the presents around to our brokers in London, and taking my camera with me to take some photos along the way ;o). I managed to keep my work friends amused with my sense of direction or rather the lack of it...

...one place I asked about someone said "do you know where the Hung Drawn & Quartered is?" I said "yes, I saw that when I got lost trying to find the post office" ;o).

Needless to say I took my phone with me just in case! I only needed to phone once as I couldnt find the office i was looking for and then realised the road continued after the junction, the road then lead onto London Bridge. At least I now know how to get to London Bridge should the need arise ;o).

On Thursday I managed to avoid some train troubles...

...just as I was getting off the train at Chelmsford, an announcement came over that all trains to and from London were now going to be subject to delays. I then got a text message saying that a person had been hit by a train at Ilford, I was so glad I missed that.

6 comments:

Al said...

Ah, a one day week would be nice right about now. Please note that I am very jealous that I have to do much more than that! Even Christmas week could be a 4 day one for me if they can be bothered to sort everything out in time.

You should have mentioned when they called you that you can only drink Starbucks' Gingerbread Latte!

Kelly said...

I'm glad you missed it, too. What a freak accident! Scary.

Enjoy your holiday week, Amber!!! And a Merry Christmas to y'all if I don't hear from you before then :)

chocolat lover said...

Al, I wish I had thought of saying that when they rang - I can just hear the response - sorry madam but tea is the operative word! ;o)

Thanks Kelly...

enjoy your break from learning, Im sure we will be ommenting in the meantime - but Merry Christmas just in case too ;o)

Anonymous said...

One day a week sounds ok. I think we would all be better on working 3 or 4 day weeks even though it would cut back on our spending ability. Our rota ignores festive occassions. I got last christmas off but am due in on an early this christmas.

chocolat lover said...

Joe, poor you...

...will you get home in time for the Queens speach? Ive never actually watched or listened to it but I would be pretty miffed if I was home later than 3pm!

Will you get a day off in lieu?

Anonymous said...

yes and yes though i dont listen to it either. i cant complain, the workers who have been there for ages work 3 or 4 christmas days in a row. i am down for back shift next christmas day but should be long gone by then.