Friday 12 August 2011

stubborn like Mum

Yesterday we went for our 20 week scan...

We go to the hospital well early on account of James thinking that our appointment was 15 minutes earlier.

Anyhow our appointment time came and went and we were still sitting in the waiting area, finally we were still sitting and waiting 15 minutes past our time and we were the last people sitting there and I went to the receptionist to ask (if we had been forgotten about) and she said that there were three sonographers working that day and the person in front of us had a naughty baby.

We eventually got called in and I laid on the couch and she started to run her probe over my tummy and we could see the baby (interestingly enough she had left the screen on above where I was lying - the last time they had it turned off until they detected the heartbeat).  LOL the baby was covering the eyes with the hands playing peek a boo ;o)

Then the sonographer started doing all of her checks and then asked if we wanted to know what we are having?  We both said "oh yes please" and she said that it looks like a girl (as there are no dangly bits) ;o)  Yay were having a girl - James did say that he was hoping for a monkey (perhaps he will get his wish next time ;o)).


She managed to do all of the checks apart from the ones on the heart, so after lots of prodding I was eventually told to have a walk and a jump around for 20 minutes to see if we could get her to move a bit.

So we went for a walk around the hospital with me doing a few jumps (just for good measure) and went back to the ultrasound waiting room, we get called back in and she still hasnt moved (she is definitely stubborn like me ;o)).

On our way home we popped into Tesco to get some bits for our lunch and I bought our very first pink outfit ;o)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute dress. I don't know how you waited so long. When I went they made me drink a lot of water so your bladder is full. I would have died if I held it that long. Did you have to drink a lot of water?

chocolat lover said...

I didnt have to drink any water luckily...

...I would have been going demented (what with the having top move around too) ;o)

Al said...

Someone clearly knowns when they are comfortable and don't want to be disturbed!

Eileen H said...

A little girl, how lovely:)

I always said that finding out the baby's sex before birth would be like opening your Christmas presents early (only because I never had that chance all those years ago) :)
Interesting that you said next time too. You might change your mind on that one!

P.s. a secret (another new blog from me :)

chocolat lover said...

Al - she wasnt going to move for anything or anyone ;o)

Eileen - Im going to have a look at your blog ;o)

LOL I have a feeling that I will be to exhausted with this one ;o)