Tuesday 23 July 2013

troubleshooting my phone

For the last couple of weeks I havent been receiving all of the text messages sent to me from James (dont know if I have missed texts from anyone else as James is the only person who texts me).

So as I am now on three I went to their website to look at the troubleshooting guide...

...first it said to check the version of firmwear - so I tried to check it but it said that I needed to switch wi-fi on so I switched it on but it still said that I needed to switch it on...

...so I clicked to say that it still wasnt working and then it said to put the phone into airplane mode so I did that and then switched it off and on again.

Then I tried again to check the firmwear and it worked this time saying that I had the current version.

The final step was to send myself a message which I did and it worked

It now says that my text messages are now working and James has sent me three messages and I have received them all ;o)

well so far anyway...

4 comments:

Kelly said...

It's hard to know when you're not receiving messages- unless someone specifically asks you if you've received the message! I hope this works for you from here on out!

chocolat lover said...

James told me that I had missed another 3 messages...

Eileen H said...

I never have my mobile switched on anymore, I'm mostly at home. Martyn only ever rings and never texts me!

It's true you wouldn't know if you've not had a text :-)


chocolat lover said...

they are good for when you are out, and if your in mostly then why bother to switch it on ;o)