Sunday 18 October 2015

plausible and really

Evie was at her swimming lesson yesterday, and just as her lesson was coming to an end an older man sat next to me (I had remembered him from the week earlier as he mentioned that it was his first week of going with his grandson), so I said to him "oh your here with your grandson" and then asked him if he had enjoyed it the week earlier and he had said that he had.

I then said (just to make conversation) that my one (being Evie) was in the pool with the pink swimming costume on and the bloke said to me "your son and grand-daughter" (stop laughing Mum I know you are doing it).

I then (without screaming Im pleased to say) said to him that it was my daughter, and as he was apologising I said "its ok as Im an older Mum" and then to add insult to injury he said "and I bet its not the first time either" I wanted to tell him that it was but I stopped myself ;o)

Ok I admit that being 45 I could be Evies grandmother, but James' Mum - I dont think so...

...I was then wracking my brain to think what the other little girls were wearing and if they were in the pool with their Dads and how young they were!

The only one that I definitely remember having a pink swimming costume was a girl with her bearded Dad and he definitely didnt look young enough to be my Son.

James wasnt much help when I told him what had happened, he just said through hysterics that the man was probably talking about someone else!

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

Oh dear, I wonder if he wanted the ground to open up and swallow him!
You should have hit him with your handbag :-)

chocolat lover said...

I think that he possibly did.

Or perhaps run into him with my zimmerframe ;o)

chamonix44 said...

Actually I wasn't laughing until I read the following sentence that you wrote...."Ok I admit that being 45 I could be Evies grandmother, but James' Mum - I dont think so..." Then I did laugh at the thought of someone thinking you could be James' mum! Maybe that man's eyesight is not that good. Don't worry Amber as I have received comments like that ever since I had Mark and Kimberley. In fact when I was in hospital in the labour ward with complications when I was pregnant with Mark, one of the other pregnant mothers said to me that it was good of my son to visit me every evening. I had to tell her that was my husband! Now whenever I talk to people I never assume that the person they are with is their son or daughter as I don't want to offend anyone unnecessarily! How did it go at the glaucoma clinic?

chocolat lover said...

thanks Mum ;o)

You werent even that old by todays standards when you had Mark & Kimberley either...

The glaucoma clinic went ok - there is no signs of it so thats good ;o)