Thursday 28 July 2016

strawberry fallover

Yesterday we went to Sainsburys for our mid week top up...

James had taken Evie (or rather Evie insisted on going with James) to get some salad bits.

I was looking at the reduced bits and saw a box of strawberry pavlovas

the strawberry fallovers box

Evie saw the box in the trolley and asked if she could hold it and I said no she couldnt as the box had something delicate inside.

She then decided to ask James and he looked at the box and said no she couldnt as it had a delicate strawberry pavlova inside, but we promised that she could have a look at the box when we get home and have what is inside for her dessert :)

We got home and showed her what was in the box and she thought it looked yummy :)

the delicious strawberry fallover

So she had her dinner and it was dessert time and she wanted her "strawberry fallover"

So I put one of the pavlovas on a plate for her and...

...she didnt like the strawberries

so I took the strawberries off

...she didnt like the meringue

so I took the meringue off

...and she didnt like the cream!

So I ate it :)

6 comments:

chamonix44 said...

I can always refuse desserts easily, except for two things. One is lemon meringue pie and the other is Pavlova.

Mmmm delicious!

chocolat lover said...

I do love lemon meringue pie too :)

Eileen H said...

That looks yummy! I love meringue and lemon meringue pie too :)

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - I had the other one last night and it was just as yummy :)

The Captain said...

I'm a cheesecake man myself although I've been known to enjoy a bit of choix pastry.

chocolat lover said...

I do love cheesecake but Ive never been a fan of choux pastry...