Tuesday 6 September 2016

nightie nickers

As up until a few weeks ago Evie was dry at night, so after our holiday we decided to let Evie just sleep in her knickers and not a pull up nappy.

It was all going well with her having dry nights and even waking up to say that she needed to go.

In the last few weeks she has started not waking up when she needs to go and just sleeping through.

So yesterday I asked her how she would feel if we put a nappy on her to go to sleep in and she said she didnt want to as they were for babies and she is a big girl.

So we showed her the packet how it says "pyjama pants" then I said to her but you dont wear pyjamas so perhaps we should call them "nightie knickers" :)

So that is what she wore last night to go to sleep in :)

This morning when she woke up she had gone in the night, so at least that saves me having to do a load today...

5 comments:

Eileen H said...

I don't mean to be critical but that seems to be a step backwards. I speak from experience about bed wetting and eventually I went to see the doctor to discuss. I was given some sort of alarm to put under the bottom sheet and once he started to wee it made him wake up and finish in the potty/toilet. It worked within a couple of weeks with no more wet beds. I used to get exasperated with the constant washing of the bedding. Something for you to consider if it carries on, but obviously I have no idea if they still use this method but believe me it worked.

chocolat lover said...

Were hoping that its to do with being worried about starting school and then she will get settled again.

On Sunday night I woke her up at 11pm to see if she needed the toilet and I noticed that she was wet so we had to change the bedding and she was really upset and crying about not being able to go back to sleep, once the bed was changed she went back to sleep and was still dry in the morning.

I felt so bad about it...

Eileen H said...

I did wonder if she could be a bit stressed about starting school. I hoped you didn't mind my comment but having gone through it with one of my children I understand how concerning it is. There wasn't such things as pyjama pants back then and I don't blame you for giving them a try by the way, but if it persists do seek help for her. It was a very effective remedy back then.

The Captain said...

We didn't have those. I remember having to change the sheets in the middle of the night.

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - your comment was appreciated :)

Were hoping that she will be back to being dry at night once she settles into school (I will give her until half term for things to settle down).

I had one of those sheet things myself when I was a kid...

Kirt - she would have been more than happy to have slept in a wet bed had we not have realised what had happened...