Tuesday 11 September 2018

new cables more bolts and up higher

On Sunday evening I got a phone call from the sky engineer saying that he would arrive between 11.30 and 1.30 yesterday.

I then got a text at 12.40 saying that he would arrive between 1.10 and 2.10 so I texted back asking to make it nearer to 1.10 as I had the school run to do :)

He arrived at about 1.40 :)

I explained that we didnt have a satellite signal but it was working again and he checked the cables and they were ok...

...he then said that as they were ok it made his job harder to pinpoint the problem, I also told him that the dish had been moved as there had been a "line off sight" issue.

He then looked at the dish after putting on all of his protective gear.  He told me that the pole that the dish was on only had 2 bolts in rather than 4.

He then replaced the cable and moved the dish up higher to eliminate any tree issues and fitted the pole with 4 bolts.

And I have his number in case i get any more issues in the next 30 days :)

Hopefully we are all good now :)

3 comments:

Jules said...

Fingers crossed it's all sorted this time. X

Eileen H said...

Hopefully the problem's been fixed for good this time.

chocolat lover said...

we hope so too :)