Sunday 17 August 2008

Bolognese... Chili... Whatever!

The chili that was made with what turned out to be a Bolognese sauce turned out really well.


First of all I browned the turkey mince, then I added the sauce and the chunkily chopped up peppers and the kidney beans. I left it simmering whilst the potatoes and pasta were cooking - just a handful(ish) of each.


After feeling incredibly greedy the previous week by eating two thirds of what I had cooked, I had the bright idea of eating the chili over two nights. This was a much better serving size.


I know your thinking "so how did this effect your weight?". You'll be pleased to know that I lost the 200 grammes I put on last week and lost an extra 100 grammes. I'm still at the same weight in stones and pounds though.


Anyway this week I'm going to try and do a thai green chicken curry...


this is what I have bought...
  • a jar af thai green curry sauce
  • two organic skinless boneless chicken thighs
  • leeks
  • one tin of chickpeas
  • mushrooms
I shall again cook it with pasta and potatoes, and will let you know how I have got on next week.
I can tell you're riveted ;o)
This weekend Chelmsford has been host to the V festival, I thought my journey home Friday night would be a nightmare, but luckily it wasnt too bad. NXEA in its wisdom won't allow people with cheap day train tickets to travel on trains leaving London between 16:45 and 18:00, hey presto most of the weirdos will ether travel early or late ;o). So glad this has finally worked in my favour.
At Chelmsford station there were about seven coppers and two police dogs. I guess the dogs were sniffing out people with drugs. There were only a couple of ticket touts outside the station too.
Going into Chelmsford High Street early yesterday morning we didn't see any of the revellers, and I had to go into town again yesterday afternoon and the High Street didn't seem any busier then either.
However, this morning Starbucks was overrun by the more affluent festival goers. We still got a seat though ;o)

2 comments:

James (UK) said...

Do hate the influx of the "weirdoes"...

Mind, I'm sure they are looking into the window of Starbucks and thinking "The only thing coming to the "V", is I do hate these weirdoes you see in Starbucks"...

chocolat lover said...

You know what...

...I think I lipread someone saying that ;o)