Sunday 31 August 2008

So, I can Have my Chips and Eat Them...

The turkey bolognese went really well again...

I was going to tell you what I did, but its exactly the same as before and didn't want to bore you too much (or should that be no more than usual ;o)).

Somebody else has voted on my poll, so thank you ;o), that's two people now...

On last weeks episode The Hairy Bakers were making cakes for the Henley Royal Regatta. At the end of the episode I had cravings (not those sort of cravings!) for Victoria Sandwich and Bakewell Tart. So while shopping this morning I bought some Bakewell Slices and Victoria Slices (and they were a bargain too at two for £2.00 ;o)).

Yesterday we were in Sainsbury's having a cup of tea in their cafe and decided to have a look around the store at the bits we don't look around whilst doing our "weekly shop" (after we had our drinks, not during ;o)).

Anyhow, we were looking around the Electricals and saw a Prima Power Juicer reduced down to £10.00. James has continually suggested buying a juicer when we have seen them reduced down to prices going as low as £15.00 and I have always said "no thanks" as they have never quite been cheap enough, but seeing one for a tenner finally hit my threshold ;o).

I have a carton of fruit juice in the fridge that I shall start after finishing this post and next week I shall buy a selection of fruit and see what concoctions I can create ;o). The question is Can you give yourself food poisoning with fruit juice?

Today I weighed myself and hadn't expected to lose one iota of weight considering I had chips last week and half of the Strawberry Clotted Cream Cheesecake and last night I even had some Apple Strudel from the Farmers Market (not the official one) in Chelmsford on Saturdays. Sorry I've gone way off...

...now back to the 200 grammes (now I've given the punchline away ;o)), yes I lost the 200 grammes I put on last week - I was well chuffed and even did a little "I've lost 200 grammes dance" after I got off the scales.

I'm not quite sure what the guys watching the CCTV cameras would have thought, especially as I was on my own (James had gone off to have a look around the Pound Shop).

I'm not cooking anything special this week but did buy some more Saltmarsh Lamb steaks (I had some last week and they were really nice), I couldn't decide between those or the Pork Loin steaks and decided to buy both ;o).

Sees you next week.

2 comments:

James (UK) said...

You can't beat a good, "plain" Victoria Sponge (sandwich?). Quintessentially English. ;-)

chocolat lover said...

Victoria sandwich has to be one of my favourite cakes