Monday 25 August 2008

Yummy Curry

The Thai Green curry was really nice...

...first of all I browned the chicken then added the thai green curry sauce and added chopped up leeks, spring onions, mushrooms and a can of chickpeas.

I then served it with pasta and potatoes. I had it over two days (so as not to be too bad ;o)).

I hear you ask "so, what did it do to your weight?" Well, I put on 200 grammes.

I'm not too surprised as I've had a few naughty bits this week...

On Monday I met my friends for lunch and had a baked potato (not too bad) topped with sausage casserole. And as if that wasnt bad enough that evening I had a
krispy kreme glazed chocolate cake donut.

On Saturday, I had no fewer than four drinks in
Starbucks, split into two nonfat lattes and two frappaccino lights.

And as if that little lot wasnt bad enough...

I then had a quarter of a strawberry clotted cream cheesecake! The old me would have had the whole lot in one go but the better me has split it into four and had a quarter each night ;o) I even got James to have a quarter of it last night ;o).

Last Monday saw the return of the
Hairy Bikers with their new series The Hairy Bakers. Throughout the show Dave Myers was getting Si King to do the kneading for the bread. Dave then says to "get a passing blundering buffoon to knead the bread for you..."

...Poor James with a look on his face not dissimilar to
Lord Percy Percy from Blackadder II when Edmund tells Lord Melchett that only idiots get kidnapped ;o).

Today me and James went to
Southend. Its amazing how whats endearing about a place when your younger just seems full of chavs when your grown up!

We got to Southend at about 8 am hoping to have a drink and some breakfast in our beloved Starbucks (but they were both shut!). We ended up going into
McDonalds to have a coffee before the shops opened. Most of the shops didnt open until 10 am so we had two hours to kill. We ended up having a coffee and a pastry in Costa Coffee (I do hope our mates in Starbucks dont find out).

My main purpose for wanting to go to Southend was to eat a portion of chips on the Seafront. Yes I know "little things please little minds" ;o) and to that end Southend was not a disappointment to me.

When I was a lot younger me my Mum and my Brother would always eat a portion of chips on the seafront everytime we went to the coast.

With today having typical Bank Holiday weather (and me finally being a fully fledged grown up - it had to happen eventually) I now know that we would have a portion of chips to keep the cold out ;o).

I guess your wondering so whats she going to have this week?

Well, I shall stop your anticipation...

...its back to
bolognese, this is what I've bought...

  • turkey mince
  • one jar of onion and garlic sauce
  • two peppers one green one red
  • one onion
  • one pack of mushrooms
  • one can of chickpeas
Anyhow, I shall let you know how I get on next week (as ever).
ps a big thank you to the person who has completed my poll

5 comments:

James (UK) said...

You just can't beat good chips on a freezing cold day at Southend-on-Sea.

(Especially when they are fried in lard!)

chocolat lover said...

Everything always tastes better once it has been fied in lard ;o)

James (UK) said...

Or fried, even... ;-)

Al said...

It's been ages since I've had a decent portion of chips. I'll have to sort that out soon.

chocolat lover said...

Chips taste so much nice if you havent had them for a while...